U

Friday, September 13th, 2024 12:09 AM

When I bought my internet plan there was no rental fee for the modem, can I use the modem as my own equipment on another xfinity account?

My current plan of 1200mbps goes for $70 with auto pay paperless and the 12 month introductory rate. When I got this plan almost a year ago, we were sent a modem and I set it up myself no problem. Now I'm looking to change to a new internet plan and there is an option to use my own equipment with the xfinity modem. As im not renting this equipment and own it, can I use it with my new internet plan as my own equipment? When selecting the "use own equipment" option there is an option for the xfinity modem but it only gives you the option to purchase the rental, not use one you already own? No offense, I'm not trying to pay an extra 15$ a month to rent equipment I already own since that seems a bit criminal. Help fast or being able to talk to a human rep would be appreciated.

Expert

• 

106K Messages

8 days ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

Official Employee

• 

867 Messages

7 days ago

user_x0w5hy Thanks for posting on our Community Forums. If you have your own modem you'd prefer to use, you should be able to do so as long as it is compatible with our network. This link can list all supported devices. It may also be requiring the leased modem when changing your plan first, since that would be the current equipment. After changing the plan, you should be able to change to an owned equipment and activate through the Xfinity app/website.

3 Messages

Yeah I know I can use my own equipment but I have the model from xfinity that doesn't incur the monthly charges, I was curious if that counted as my own equipment or not?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

That is a great question @user_x0w5hy. If you have a promotion that includes the modem lease fee as part of the pricing, that would still be considered a leased modem of ours, and would have to be returned if you purchase your own device. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

Okay thank you for clarifying! I appreciate your time and assistance 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here