U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 2:50 AM

Closed

What recourse do I have when Xfinity WILL NOT honor an offer made in chat (other than switching to Verizon)?

I have been a subscriber for many years. The price of the TV package has become too expensive for me. I want to get internet only from Xfinity. I was unable to figure how to research the internet only price on the website. I engaged the new customer chat (the wait time was much shorter). I disclosed that I was an existing customer. I was offered $69.99 for the Extreme Pro Internet Internet for the first 24 mos with No Term Contract Includes $10/mo automatic payments and paperless billing discount for 24 months. When I called the next day to complete the transaction I was denied. I have engaged the Office of Tom Karinshak and they also will not honor it. Bottom line, Tom Karinshak is not interested in honoring the offer made to me in chat and they won't admit it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

234 Messages

2 years ago

@user_0a4e34 Hello, thank you for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Community Forum for help. I understand you would like to lower your bill, and was already quoted for a package that you are now having an issue getting honored. My apologies for the confusion, and I am confident we can find a solution. Considering we will need to discuss your personal account, let's move to a private chat so we can talk. Please send us a direct message with your full name and service address. You can do this by signing in and clicking direct message, or using this link https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

This link https://comca.st/3EqVMu resulted in a 404 error - page not found.

The page could not be found or you don't have permission to view it.

Contributor

• 

234 Messages

@user_0a4e34 My apologies, I don't know why the link isn't working for you. Try these step by step instructions, and let me know if you are still having issues.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

What does the "Peer to peer chat" icon look like? What url do I need to enter in order to see the "Peer to peer chat" icon? Please excuse my ignorance, but I am unable to follow these instructions.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

I found it. It is found on https://forums.xfinity.com.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Be aware: Xfinity DID NOT honor the offer made in chat. I have chosen to go with Verizon. I was offered 1 Gig streaming for $89.99 for 4 years. No additional fees. Thanks for all the customer disservice Tom.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here