bangity's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Sat, Jan 2, 2021 7:00 AM

Went over data-cap for the 1st time but account says charged $80 on bottom

Hello,

This is my first month that I went over the data cap. I have read that we get a 1 month grace period during the 12 months. But at the bottom of the Data Usage page, it says that 

You have been charged $80.00 for the additional data provided over your data usage plan.

Can I retroactively pay for unlimited data for this month only and remove that?

Thanks.

Responses

BruceW

Gold Problem Solver

• 

22.3K Messages

4 m ago

@Again wrote: ... Best to sign up now for start at the beginning of February.

Signing up now should also cover January: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/exp-unlimited-data says:

Enrollment goes into effect immediately upon signing up for the Unlimited Data option and applies to the entire month in which you sign up.

Again

Expert

• 

25.5K Messages

4 m ago

@bangity wrote:

Hello,

This is my first month that I went over the data cap. I have read that we get a 1 month grace period during the 12 months. But at the bottom of the Data Usage page, it says that 

You have been charged $80.00 for the additional data provided over your data usage plan.

Can I retroactively pay for unlimited data for this month only and remove that?

Thanks.

Sorry, no.  Unlimited data is from the 1st of the month to the last of the month.

And, if you're being charged now, it means that at some point you already used your 1 month courtesy exemption.  Best to sign up now for start at the beginning of February.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

Official Employee

• 

294 Messages

4 m ago

Hello, @bangity, I will be more than happy to take a closer look at your data usage and get you all the information you need. I know you want to avoid these additional charges. If you can select my username and send a private message with your name and service address I can add unlimited data and check on your courtesy month.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New to the Community?

Start Here