U

Tuesday, June 25th, 2024 2:04 AM

Website should not REQUIRE saved payment information

I'm having a problem with online payment. Site is not allowing single-use entry of payment... it will not let me click on continue button, instead forcing me to STORE payment information which I do not want to do (and you should not require). Please correct this! Online payment has previously not limited payment in this way.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

4 months ago

Hello user_enk1oi  when submitting a one-time payment online, our system should give you the option, not outright require it. 

• If you choose to input a new payment method, you can save it for future use by checking the box to Store this payment method for future purchases and agreeing to the Terms and Conditions for stored payment methods." 

Are you seeing that box appear when moving through the menus? 

2 Messages

Hello, your website has always given an option, but this month someone has blocked continuing the transaction unless customer checks the box to save and agree to terms for saving payment. Test yourself: if you enter payment info and then click the continue button at the bottom, the screen will display red text at the prompt to save payment, and unless customer checks box and enters payment which is then saved, you can't continue the payment process. I don't think this is legal to require saved payment methods like this. Please correct! Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

I did check this via our Xfinity App and on our online portal, adding a new payment method and moving through the entry process, and it gave me the optional checkbox.  If you have screenshots of what you're seeing, it will be helpful. 

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, clicking on the pen and paper icon, then entering “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address, and I'll be happy to help.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

23 days ago

I have the same payment option issue. If I don't enter payment info I can't continue.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here