Conversation Starter
1st Kudo
1st Reply

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

Mon, Apr 19, 2021 1:39 AM

"We sent you new equipment" mailings from Xfinity

Hello all, I have received five (5) letters via postal mail from Xfinity, in the name of Ms. Teresa Lynch (VP, Xfinity Consumer Services) informing me that new Xfinity cable TV equipment has been sent to me. The letters also stress that upon receipt, I must activate them immediately or lose services. I have also received several email messages from Xfinity with similar content. Since nothing has ever materialized, I contacted Xfinity Chat Support, who told me that there are no shipments planned for my account and the agent speculated that the mailings were fake. I emailed Ms. Lynch directly via LinkedIn, but have never received her response.

Ok, that's my story! Anyone else see these messages? I'd welcome new equipment, as it's been YEARS since Comcast/Xfinity have replaced anything. Seems far-fetched to be a fake, since none of the letters are asking for any actions to be taken. Thanks again.

Responses

Official Employee

• 

134 Messages

17 d ago

@newtemplar That is super odd! We would be happy to look into providing new equipment to your account though. Please click on the chat icon in the top right-hand corner and search Xfinity Support. We'll be there to help. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

12 d ago

Hi,

I've experienced the same issue. I have attempted to contact Xfinity six times over the past three weeks. I tried again today—the call that I received wouldn't allow me to connect to an Xfinity customer service rep and hung up on me, I've been waiting to connect on Xfinity Chat for five minutes. The last time I actually connected with someone on Chat I was told the person could not help me, they said they were deducting $30 from my account which has not shown up in my billing statement and, promised someone would be in touch who could help. That was a week ago and still no response. Xfinity turned off our cable box completely nearly two months ago.

SO frustrated.

If anyone responds to these posts, please contact me. 

Thanks

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

Hello, @user_cae6a2! I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble getting into contact with one of our representatives, but you've come to the right place. We would love to work with you to sort out any questions/concerns you may have in regards to your account.

On a side note, not seeing credits right away is pretty common and we are sorry that expectation wasn't set from the start. Because we bill a month in advance, credits usually aren't visible until the next bill prints. You can find your print date at the upper right-hand corner of your most recent bill though!

Regardless, please send us a Live Chat with your first and last name as well as your service address so we can assist. 

To send a Live Chat, please click on the chat icon on the top right of this page, next to the bell. Make sure to send the message to our singular handle "Xfinity Support" and we will get back to you ASAP.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New to the Community?

Start Here