B

Saturday, October 12th, 2024 12:21 AM

Waiting over a year on construction

I moved into a new property a year ago where Xfinity was supposed to install network lines as part of an "Open construction project" for the whole neighborhood. The wait was supposed to be only a couple of weeks, but no one has come out and despite calls and visiting local Xfinity stores, no one can tell me or anyone when the construction will complete. Worse, no other provider can come in to survey since Xfinity "claimed" the area. Is there no way to know what the blocker is, or at least get them to allow other providers to come in?

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

7 days ago

@brod501st 

I moved into a new property a year ago where Xfinity was supposed to install network lines as part of an "Open construction project" for the whole neighborhood. The wait was supposed to be only a couple of weeks, but no one has come out and despite calls and visiting local Xfinity stores, no one can tell me or anyone when the construction will complete. Worse, no other provider can come in to survey since Xfinity "claimed" the area. Is there no way to know what the blocker is, or at least get them to allow other providers to come in?

Have you gone to City Hall to ask what the hold up has been about?  I would say that would be the first place to go.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

6 days ago

Hello, congratulations on the first year at your home, I hope you've had a great one. Also, thank you for your interest in making us part of your home,

brod501st. Contstruction projects do take time, and there can be several factors that impact the completion dates, however; I can help research this and provide some clarity for you. In order to get started can you please send a direct message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right? Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here