U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Friday, July 29th, 2022 10:25 PM

Closed

Virus protection

Does Xfinity offer Norton or MacFee virus protection free?

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

2 years ago

Sorry, no.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

2 years ago

Does Xfinity offer Norton or MacFee virus protection free?

Comcast would have us believe that their "xFi Advanced Security" (see https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/online-security-with-xfi-faqs) is just as good, if not better, than actual anti-virus software, although it is only available to customers who rent one of their modem/router/eMTA gateway devices, is pretty much a "black box", and lacks many features available with Norton or McAfee.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

does xfinity?comcasst offer virus protection to their  customers?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

2 years ago

does xfinity?comcasst offer virus protection to their  customers?

Please see the two messages above yours.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

i know it does make comcast happy but there xFi Advanced Security is [Edited: "Inflammatory"] like most gateway level software . there are 2 big issues with it . first is they control the site setting and [Edited: "Inflammatory"] you have to ask them to remove sites from black list [Edited: "Polititcal"]. i always use vpn becuase my isp should have no control over where i go. second is there gateway doesnt protect from say usb drive base virus or zero day virus . you should always install a pc based virus and better yet a security suite [Edited: "Language/Inflammatory"] i blow threw it ever month i download 4k tv and movies and as a cordcutter you can easy use 2 terabytes [;us ever month when my kids home from school we been know to hit 5 terabhytes . my point is xfinity (comcast) value added lost leaders [Edited: "Language"] now but there only gigabyte service in my town so stuck with them

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here