user_b3eb84's profile

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Saturday, August 31st, 2024 7:40 PM

Virtual Prepaid Mastercard Debit Card Balance

My available balance is only $51.54. However I have only used $118.62 out of the original $180.00 loaded. My ending balance is $61.38 which is correct. How do I get the additional $9.84 to be reflected in my available balance so I can use the entire $180.00? Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

30.8K Messages

14 days ago

@user_b3eb84 

To me it looks as though your balance is $61.38, which is your beginning balance as of 9/1/2024.  Do you remember spending $10.20 somewhere which would make it seem as though your balance is $51.18?  It seems to me, like an online bank ledger, there is a pending payment that doesn't show on the statement.  Did you perhaps get gas at Sam's, where they might have a "hold" on the purchase?

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@user_b3eb84 - Thanks for helping me figure this out. The problem was a hold but not at the gas station. (This "card" can not be used at a Sam's Club station because there is no cashier.) The hold was on an online order at the Walmart store we use for curbside pickups. It has now cleared. It took 11 days for the hold to clear even though the actually purchase cleared in 3 days. Thanks again - I appreciate your help.

Official Employee

• 

993 Messages

I'm so glad to hear everything has been resolved, and we can now close out your concerns about the gift card.  

Thank you for your service and for being a loyal Xfinity customer. 

I would like to also let you know we have some planned maintenance in your area on Thursday 9/12 starting at 12 am. You may experience some connection issues if you're online during that timeframe. 

Who do you have for mobile service? 
Right now Xfinity Mobile is leading the mobile industry in pricing for Unlimited lines starting at $30 per line for two lines, and $25 per line for four or more lines.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

993 Messages

@user_b3eb84 I’m so glad we were able to address your concerns for your gift card via direct message. If you need anything more please don't hesitate to create new post for us. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

14 days ago

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us today. There may have been an activation fee. Can you check the ledger of transactions? 

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

No activation fee. There are no fees and there shouldn't be any fees. See the ledger below. The math on the details does not make any sense.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thank you, @user_b3eb84 Thank you for your time and patience. We are not aware of there being an activation charge on the card, on the back of the card there is a customer service number, I would recommend contacting that number for further information regarding the Gift Card.-Richard

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

I have called the card's customer service number and it is all automated. There is nothing on the prompts about making balance corrections. There is nothing on the prompts about talking to a real person. It's all a dead end for my needs. Do you have a better number to call?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thank you, @user_b3eb84 I do apologize we do not have another number to contact other than the number on the back of the card. We are not able to add that extra back onto the card, I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.-Richard

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

14 days ago

Thank you Xfinity for the $180 gift card offer to all Veterans. It's too bad that the card issuer you are using is stealing about $10 from the benefit. It's not uncommon for a gift card issuer to skim $2 or $3 from each card because it's hard to transact an exact amount down to a $0 balance. However I think that $10 is excessive and no different from theft. Please make sure the folks in the Xfinity Rewards program are aware of this problem.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

@user_b3eb84 I'd be upset if I couldn't use the full balance promised on a gift card! I'd love the opportunity to make this Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here