U

Sunday, September 29th, 2024 8:17 PM

Virginia Internet related services outage

We’re several days into internet outages as well. “As soon as possible”, is the only estimated time I have seen. That hasn’t changed since the start of the outage. The number of outages in my area, haven’t changed either. The Xfinity AI assistant they’re using as a wall in communication between employees and customers is a joke. Kinda expected responses when most businesses, personal finance, among everything else has been made so dependent upon internet. How awesome it is that internet companies and electric companies still get paid when their services are down. I’d love to still get paid when I cannot get to work due to weather conditions putting me out of commission. 🤨

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

20 days ago

user_kb5jn5 Thanks for reaching out! We do know how important it is to have services up and running in the home. Our local teams are working as safe, and fast as possible to have services restored that have been impacted by the recent weather event. We appreciate your patience! You can check the Xfinity app for the latest updates, or the Status Center. Also, once the service interruption has cleared, visit the Status Center for credit eligibility. 

2 Messages

Oh honey, I wouldn’t have bothered posting here had I not already sought information updates on the app and status center. I didn’t get an update until I posted here. I do know how hard and diligently restoration teams work during large storms and appreciate their efforts. My concern is the lack of communication from Xfinity on these updates and with all the extra hotspots opened, none of them were listed in Virginia 😒

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityMartyR​ As you know, bill credits are not available for outages caused by weather. Please communicate to your leadership team this is unnacceptable. It's OK that repairs are taking time - I want all Xfinity employees to stay safe. Regardless, I should not have to pay for service that I am not receiving. 

A literal hurricane ripped through our region and obliterated people's homes and belongings. Some lost their lives.

Xfinity's profits last year were around 21 billion dollars. Xfinity could hand out $1500 to each of us affected by the storm and still turn a profit well over 100 billion dollars. 

The right thing to do would be to give those of us impacted free service for the month and thank us for not switching ISPs - many other providers are already back online. As a work-at-home employee, I rely on my internet - I cannot afford a long-term outage. What is Xfinity doing to ensure my loyalty? I could switch to a DSL provider within 24 hours and be back to work earning money rather than losing money to a company that continues to charge for a service they are currently failing to provide.

It is not the customer's fault that Xfinity's infrastructure could not withstand the storm. Nor is it Xfinity's fault. If Xfinity chooses to withhold bill credits for those impacted by Helene, they are effectively choosing to place the customer at fault by arguing the company is not responsible for their failure to provide service. Is Xfinity arguing that customers should have forseen the possibility of a major storm and the subsequent failure of Xfinity's network, and should have picked a different ISP if we wanted accomodation for natural disasters - so therefore, we arent entitled to a bill credit?

I ask again, what exactly is Xinfity doing to ensure my loyalty?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Correction, 121 billion dollars was the annual profit for Comcast in 2023. Again, a bill credit for those impacted is a negligible impact to the company's profits.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@smashleybI greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Good or bad, feedback is important to us to not only improve our products and services, but the customer experience as well. I would gladly pass along the feedback through the proper channels. As mentioned please keep an eye on the Xfinity status center for updates regarding your service interruption. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

@smashleyb​ I agree with you 100%. We have been without Xfinity internet and tv since last Friday and every time I check the status it always states “Under Investigation” with no estimated time of restore.

We have been a customer for over 18 years, have never missed a payment, and pay extra for higher speeds.

Point Broadband has already restored services in our area and Starlink is even giving anyone affected by this hurricane, internet for 30 days free of charge and you have the option to renew after. We’re seriously considering switching our services.
The lack of communication and accountability, especially during times like this is unacceptable. Why would a company expect to be paid for services not provided and/or restored in a timely manner especially during a natural disaster? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here