craigg1's profile

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

Monday, June 24th, 2024 8:03 PM

Verification information for burying a new cable line

A few days back I experienced a total Internet outage. Since there were no widespread problems in my area per the Xfinity app, I set up an appointment with a Tech to get it resolved. Turns out that the physical cable residing on a power pole near my house was somehow cut or shorted.

He quickly installed a new one which of course resolved the issue, then set up a future work order to have the new cable buried. I received an email later that day titled “Preparing for your new underground cable line”, which was asking for verification of the following:

Dog in Yard: No

Sprinkler System: No

Private Lighting: No

Electric Fence: No

Gated Access: No

Private Gas Line: No

Private Electric: No

Landscaping/Trees: No

Security Code: No

Home during Work: No

Call First: No

Contact Number: nnn-nnn-nnnn (masked for privacy)

Neighbor Required: No

Several of these items are WRONG, so I used the link within the email which I thought would lead to some sort of Xfinity web site which would allow me to update it. Instead, the “contact us here” hyperlink simply leads to the infamous Xfinity Assistant.

I spent nearly an hour on there trying to explain the situation to an Agent, who didn’t seem to have a clue. He then told me he would escalate it to the proper department, and that I would be receiving an additional email with further instructions within two hoursWell, here I am two DAYS later, and still have not received any sort of communication from Xfinity whatsoever.

I’ve experienced similar situations with Agents on Assistant in the past. More often than not it’s a waste of time, as there’s nowhere else to go from there if they can’t resolve a given issue. Why Xfinity doesn’t have a support phone number with a real person on the other end of the line continues to baffle me.

All that said, how do I get this important verification information corrected? NEED HELP PLEASE!

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

3 months ago

There's not one "Official Employee" around here who can tell me how to handle this?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello, how are you @craigg1? Thanks for your detailed post.  It sounds like your technician created a Special Request Order to bury the cable line. These types of orders can take up to 14 days to fulfill and as long as that order is still open we don’t need to worry too much. When you call 1-800-Xfinity and enter your phone number does it confirm an open order?  If our techs need anything else they will contact you. Let us know if you can confirm an open order if you don’t mind.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

@XfinityJosephA​ 

Hi Joseph, and thanks for the reply!

- I’m well aware these types of orders can take up to 14 days to complete, since the Tech who placed it during my service call filled me in. In fact, that information is also included in the email I discussed earlier.

- I can confirm right here and now there is most definitely an open order, since the same email contains a confirmation number. The Agent on Assistant also confirmed it. If you’d like to see that number I can send it to you in a DM, just let me know.

Both of these are beside the point, so please read on.

My issue is getting the list of items I’ve been requested to verify corrected. For example, we have sprinkler pipes which could be damaged, along with a private underground electric line that leads from my house to a shed. The latter obviously poses a real danger, since I surely wouldn’t want anyone severing that line with a shovel. ZAP!

In the end, it’s totally pointless to send me an email asking for these verifications to be made, when there doesn’t appear to be any way of doing it.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

@craigg1 I'm sorry to hear you're unable to update the information for your upcoming request. Are you able to reply to that email?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

@XfinityKei​ 

I couldn’t reply, since the bottom of the email reads:

Please do not reply to this email, it is not monitored. If you'd like to contact us, please visit our website here

“Here” is hyperlinked and leads to the same support contact page I’d previously used:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us

The applicable selections there all drop you into, you guessed it, Assistant.

Official Employee

• 

889 Messages

@craigg1 Okay. Go ahead and send a DM to "Xfinity Support with your full name and address. We will take it from there.

XFINITY FORUMS

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page) or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here