U

Monday, July 8th, 2024 5:32 PM

utility box in yard

Need comcast to come out to locate utilities in my yard.  There is a box just a couple feet from my house. I will be installing a fence and need to know where the cables are in the ground.

Expert

• 

106.3K Messages

3 months ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

3 months ago

user_gi2wjv I can put in a request for our line crew to come out, but normally this is marked by the local utilities by calling 811 before you dig. That way you get everything marked, and not just our line for safty reasons. I'm happy to put in the request, but not sure they would just mark where our line is. Let me know if you would like me to put in this request. 

2 Messages

I have the request in for 811 already.  They specifically stated that they will not located private utilities, and that it was my responsibility yo reach out to you.

Please put in the request. Also, the box is not within the right-of-way for utilities.  Its way outside, right next to my house.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello @user_gi2wjv, I'm happy to help. 

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here