U

Monday, September 30th, 2024 6:22 PM

Use states based customer service

I have just spent the last 3 hours trying to get my xfinity working. I moved to a new place and fpr whatever reason it closed my account. Long story short they do something else. I accept a new accout/plan. They still can't get it working they say something wrong with the wall outlets schedule me for a tech only to see it's for my old address. Like this is ridiculous. I do see Verizon has fios in my area. Maybe it's time.

5 Messages

19 days ago

This is ridiculous. Trying to call back again now. This is why customer service should be only in the country of said service. The language barrier is too much sometimes to explain complex issues.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

19 days ago

user_qcnzyk Thank you so much for your post on your transfer to a new address. This is not at all the experience we want any customer to have and if you are still in need of assistance we are more than happy to help make sure your transfer is set up correctly for you. Send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

5 Messages

@XfinityAmandaB

I am not sure if anyone will answer again but things have gotten worse not better. So I need a tech to come out after I have someone in the states get everything straightened out. Someone made duplicate accounts and from what he told me it was a mess. So he helped me we had to set up a tech visit so I set one up for yesterday from 2-4. Stayed home from work for it so I lost a days pay just to find out it was somehow cancelled. Not by me. So again I scheduled for today 2-4 knowing I had to work because of yesterday. So I called before the apt and asked what time they would be here I was told between 3 and 330. Not 10 minutes after I hung up the phone the tech called me it was like 215 and he was already here. The fact a 4 year customer camt get anyone to get it hooked up is beyond ridiculous. Now I am told I need to wait until friday from 4-6. After taking off yesterday that's not good enough. So if Verizon can get here before that I will probably cancel. Fios is in the area. I dont want to but after this fiasco I am fed up.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hi there, @user_qcnzyk I definitely understand your concerns, I could not miss work just to sit around for nothing either, so I totally get where you are coming from. I can look further into this issue you are having regarding getting a technician out to your home if you can please send me a DM with your full first and last name along with your full service address so that I can assist you further.-Richard

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

How do I fo about doing that

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thank you, @user_qcnzyk I will include the steps, I appreciate your time and patience.

To send a direct message [private message]:

•   Click "Sign In" if necessary
  •   Click the "Direct Message" icon
  •   Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  •   The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  •   - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  •   - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  •   Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  •   Press Enter to send it
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here