bradross2610's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, June 4th, 2024 12:05 AM

Upload speed for 200 but only get 40 max.

I pay for 1200 / 200 speeds. I use an Arris s33 modem that is more than capable of handling those speeds. Why am I not getting what I paid for? 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

4 months ago

bradross2610 Thank you so much for your post on your upload speed! The 200Mbps upload speed was a part of our recent network upgrades. Each customer in an upgraded area can take advantage of the new upload speed if using a modem capable of supporting it. If you check out our Device info page: https://www.xfinity.com/support/devices/#results you can see all the approved devices for our network, your S33 is capable of supporting the normal upload speed and download speeds up to our Gig extra of 1.2Gbps however it is not able to support the Next Gen upload speed. If you check out the bottom of the Device info page you will see an option to view all compatible devices click here to see a PDF list. The top section is labeled Next Gen Speed Tier and the device listed there can provide the new upload speed or you can also use one of our Xfi gateways to take advantage of the the increased upload speed. I do hope that helps! 
[Edit: Added link]

(edited)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 months ago

The S33 is not approved for the new higher upload speeds. See:

Realize that although Comcast calls some devices "Approved" and some "Recommended", for all but a few devices those designations only mean "approved/recommended for use with their Internet service", and not necessarily approved for the new upload speeds.

You need one of Comcast's newer rental gateways (XB6, XB7, XB8) or one of the few retail devices shown in the "Next Gen Speed Tier" group with an upload speed rating in the "All Compatible Devices" PDF.  Also see the Reddit link, which lists the approved devices as well as other requirements for faster upload speeds. Comcast could make all of this much clearer, but they have chosen not to do so.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here