U

Tuesday, October 15th, 2024 12:27 AM

Upload connection causing loss of internet

During a storm a few weeks ago (not hurricane related) we lost internet for a few hours.  Since then, my service has become more and more intermittent.  We lose our upload connection and then the entire connection.  The upload also will not "lock" when it does connect. I have worked through the Xfinity assistant and I have an upcoming appointment (in 5 days) It is VERY unlikely it is the equipment in my home.  It is almost certainly a connection issue on a lashed line.  It gets worse when it's windy out and we live in a rural area that the cable is lashed to a power line before it's dropped into a neighborhood.  

My question is, how do I communicate to a human to tell them this?  My fear is that the internet will be working when my technician arrives, and he will say all is good and leave, and my issue will persist.  The other worry is that they'll get here, recognize the problem, but because they do not have a truck with a boom they can't diagnose and fix the issue either, so my internet will continue to be out.  

This has made it nearly impossible to work (my wife is a remote worker) and study (my daughter is in med school) at the house.  I just want to tell someone to check the lines, not just show up because they think I'm too foolish to restart my modem.  

Any suggestions on how to communicate with a live person would be helpful.

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

3 days ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

3 days ago

user_o76tr1 Hello and thank you for reaching out to Xfinity via our Community Forums. I’m so sorry to hear about the trouble you’re having with your internet, especially with your wife working from home and studying for your daughter. I work from home and have a high school senior so I understand your concern and want to help get this resolved as quickly as possible. To get started, please send a direct message with your full name and address. 

To send a "Direct Message" message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list that appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

2 Messages

Thank you for moving this.  And for

instructions on the direct message.  I was able to communicate my concern with comcast about the lines for my area.  I believe that I saw someone working on those lines yesterday evening.  Since late yesterday my Internet has connected and been stable.  Here’s hoping it stays that way and I will be able to cancel my in person so someone else can have it. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_o76tr1 That is great news, thank you for the update. If you have any questions or concerns in the future please reach out by creating a new public post. The community here on our Forums is amazing and if needed an Official Xfinity Employee will jump in and help. I hope you have a great day and make the rest of your week amazing. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here