jjjheating's profile

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, November 12th, 2021 3:25 PM

Closed

Upgrade to the unlimited data plan.

I called Xfinity a couple weeks ago about upgrading my internet plan to unlimited due to going over 1.2TB every month but they said I had to turn in a modem/router we had in possession so I did and It was delivered to Xfinity by UPS. I now go to the website to add the unlimited plan to my account but this error appears "

Temporarily unavailable

The product you’re interested in isn’t available for purchase at this time." I would like to know why I can't add the unlimited data plan to my account now.

Edit: After trying to get unlimited data through messaging Xfinity Support through the forums app another error appeared, I would get sent an email to upgrade my plan and get stuck on the billing page. I would click next and it greyed out when moving to the review page. I will go onto the next step of going to a store or contacting support from the phone number.

Edit #2 After going through the same process on the phone and the same error occuring there was a verbal acceptance way to accept the changes so if you have this problem call by phone and ask for verbal acceptance. I don't know if the website will be fixed or what is causing my account to not work but maybe in the future someone will figure that out.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

After going through the same process on the phone and the same error occuring there was a verbal acceptance way to accept the changes so if you have this problem call by phone and ask for verbal acceptance. I don't know if the website will be fixed or what is causing my account to not work but maybe in the future someone will figure that out.

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

3 years ago

@jjjheating Hi there! We can help with that.

Please select the chat icon in the top right-hand corner. Then search for Xfinity Support. Please make sure to provide your full name and service address.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 years ago

To send the requested information in a private message to Xfinity Support from any Forum page:

• Click "Sign In" if that prompt is visible

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person", but don't do that.

Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there. As you are typing a drop-down list appears.

• Select "Xfinity Support" from the list. An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter or tap the > icon to send it

See https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/cant-create-a-new-email-address/605e52b726aa974d63032d02?commentId=606107ea738c7f46a02b830e for an example.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@BruceW I went through that already, the problem was the support person could not solve my issue but thank you for taking the time to explain how to use it. 😁

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here