S

Tuesday, October 22nd, 2024 5:45 PM

Unreturned Equipment Fee?

I graduated Uni and moved out of my apartment end of May and cancels my Xfinity service. My roommate was staying and so was starting an internet service with XFinity under their name. When I canceled and explained this the person in the phone said the tech/installation guy will pick up the old equipment when he sets up the new one. This in the start of June. Well I found out yesterday they never picked up the equipment and my roommate still has it. She never informed me of this and I only just logged onto my account and, having gotten no notification about it, see an unreturned equipment charge. This all seems to have been lost in communication and I was never informed of the equipment not being picked up. I now have the equipment perfectly I tact And am wondering if I can return it now and get the charge reversed?? Any help would be appreciated :))

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

23 hours ago

Hello @SampUser, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media. You can absolutely still return the equipment to have the charges reversed :) 

Xfinity equipment can be returned to any UPS Store or Xfinity Store. Here's a link to the Xfinity store locator https://www.xfinity.com/local/store-offers?q=47.7027%2C-117.3702. Customers can also visit our Digital Return Center at xfinity.com/returns and follow the on-screen instructions for the device you'd like to return to us. Even if you’ve already disconnected your account, you can still use the Digital Return Center - you just need your Xfinity ID and password. You can schedule an at-home pickup by initiating the equipment return at the Digital Returns Center, printing the UPS return label, boxing up the equipment and then calling 1-800-PICK-UPS to schedule the pickup. Here is a link with more information on our equipment return options  https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/returning-your-equipment.

Do you have any questions about the process? 

2 Messages

Thank you! Do I still fill out the digital return center info if I plan on dropping it off to a store? What info would I need to bring for the drop off? 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Excellent question! You will not need to fill out the form if you're planning on taking the equipment into a store. You will want to bring the equipment, and any cords that go with the equipment. The representative at the store will provide you with a receipt. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here