U

2 Messages

Thursday, December 14th, 2023 2:04 AM

Closed

Unfair higher pricing for existing customers compared to new customers

I am very dissatisfied that after contacting customer service as an existing customer with home internet service and two phone lines,

Comcast/Xfinity will not match new customer lower price offers for existing customers.

This is an unfair and unprofessional way to do business with a customer since 2019.

Last year, when my wife tried to get a deal on Internet, a Comcast/Xfinity employee made a mistake and changed our plan to 200 mbps, which we did not request.

We originally requested 75 mbps and it was incorrectly approved for 200 mbps.

When my wife raised a complaint, they returned the money for the extra charge however, they did not change the plan.

Now we want to downgrade the plan to 75 mbps and it is priced higher than the 200 mbps plan!

So it appears Xfinity may be intentionally screwing us not to downgrade service for a lower price.

Not only that, we compared the Xfinity 75 mbps plan for a new customers and it costs them less than 45% than ours!

We are 4 year loyal customers with a proven on time payment record! Such a disappointment! 

So, if we will be asked to pay more, what extra value will the company provide? What do we get in return? 

Accepted Solution

1 Message

6 months ago

It's crazy I was just looking at new phones and they're willing to knock like 90% of the price off for new customers or a new line but won't even price match and want $200 more than what the manufacturer has the exact same phone listed for but still claim it's a good deal

2 Messages

I totally understand. I may go back to Verizon for a free iPhone 15 offer but first I’m going to see if Xfinity would like to match it to keep me. Let’s see how it goes. 

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

user_9cn236 I did want to help get the proper expectations set up for Xfinity Mobile promotions, there are specific requirements that need to be met to receive the promotions. Hitting the "Pricing & other info" hyperlink on the promotions off the website will show what is needed to receive the promotion discounts. Matching offers from competitors isn't an option available.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

10 months ago

@user_9cn236 Hello, thanks for sharing the experience and the situation. I would really like to see how we can make this right. Please send us a private message with your full name and service address. 

Here are the detailed steps to Direct Message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

21 Messages

10 months ago

Hard agree. I have been a customer of Xfinity since 2008, and have been with Xfinity Mobile since it became available in my area. 2018 or so, I think. I have a broken phone that I got in 2020 and I would love to replace my family's phones for Christmas, as I'm sure many other existing customers would like to do, but Xfinity really dropped the ball with these holiday sales not including existing customers. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hi, @user_e8f6cd! Thanks for taking the time to visit our sub. I am sorry to learn that we have made you feel this way. At Comcast, promotions change frequently and do vary by location. We truly do value your business just as much as new customers. We will certainly do everything within our power to help. Is that broken phone paid off? Have you already tried working with an XFINITY Mobile expert to see if there are any options for you in getting new phones for your family?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

21 Messages

I wasn't trying to take over the thread, just expressing that I understand their frustrations.

The phone is paid off, just waiting for a customer promo to replace it. Last one was in September, and I should have taken advantage of it.

When I talked with someone about future promos, they basically told me if I wanted a deal on a phone I needed to get a Google voice number and port it over to a new line, but my whole family already has a line with Xfinity, so it seemed needlessly complicated. 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

No problem, @user_e8f6cd! I have been in your shoes before where I missed the deadline for a promotion. I have also kept my same phone line for years so I can relate. I believe I remember that promotion that was going on back in September. What is the make and model of your phone? The great thing is at XFINITY promotions change frequently. I have seen promos sometimes have additional discounts towards the internet service when adding a new line. 

Visitor

• 

21 Messages

Samsung Note 20 is the phone I have. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

10 months ago

i have been a loyal customer for over 20 years and i agree that they treat us like garbage. If i do not have my price adjusted this month, then i'm done. i just got off the phone with them. they only want to sell me xfinity mobile and would rather lose me altogether than give a better price. oh well. they will not even give me the option to select plans myself online. i'm forced to call them.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

pricing a youtube tv plan as we speak and it comes in well under the xfinity price for a great-paying long term 20 year + customer. it's very sad.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us @user_bf1a70! We truly are thankful for your loyalty over the years. Please keep in mind that all existing customers were once new customers who also took advantage of new customer pricing options. One benefit new customers do not receive is Xfinity Rewards, which provides complimentary gifts to loyal customers. The longer your tenure, the better those rewards become as an additional thank you to long term customers.

If you ever want to check out the plans we have to offer you can select them online with our awesome Plan Builder Site. First sign in to your account here, then check our Plan Builder site here, and then the option to select plans online should be available.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

i would never expect xfinity to match the prices of youtube tv but at least discount the ridiculous amounts for current, excellent paying, long-term customers that actually want to stay with the company. i can get my price for youtube tv down to $178 for everything that i currently have and switching to verizon internet. it's sad that you all would rather i do that instead of discounting my current price by a bit. also, i try to manage my plan online but it directs me to call in every time. i click manage plan and it says your account needs more attention. so, you're saying i can adjust my plan by myself following your steps?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

please let me know how to do this if i am able to do it.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you for taking a further look at what offers were available online using our Plan Builder site @user_bf1a70! In some cases, the services you currently have can be grandfathered/discontinued and cause issues with repackaging online.

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at what offers we have available. To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
 - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
 - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it.

1 Message

9 months ago

I totally agree. Comcast does not value existing customer. When you call to get a promotion they say only everyday pricing is available and if you select one your bill increases. I’ve been training since 2023 to lower my bill with no success. They are trained to reply that they are sorry, but they are not. Horrible customer service. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@S-ANN thank you for your feedback. Comcast is an entertainment service and yes we know our service is not the cheapest but we pride ourselves on having the best quality of entertainment available. With any profit entertainment company, you will see an introduction price to show you the service with hopes that once you grow fond of what we provide you will be ready to pay for the service. Being 100% clear with you typically we do not make any profit from our customers until after the introduction offers have been completed so a year or more at cost is pretty awesome. That all being said if you need to make changes to your services to better fit your needs and make it more economical sense we can review your account with you. Feel free to send your full name and complete address to us in a direct message:

(Full credit to @BruceW for this excellent explanation!) 

"Search for Xfinity Support" won't work. To send a "Direct Messaging" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Press Enter to send it

See https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/cant-create-a-new-email-address/605e52b726aa974d63032d02?commentId=606107ea738c7f46a02b830e for an example.

Regular Visitor

• 

12 Messages

8 months ago

Of course Xfinity removed my original message.  I was completely honest and because I brought up another TV service they removed it.  Xfinity DOES NOT care about their customers.  I have been with them for 25 plus years and after contacting them regarding these crazy price increases and asking what their best price would be if I kept them, I rec'd three different prices from 3 different customer service reps on 3 different days, I finally said enough is enough and cancelled their TV and landline services.  Look at your statements from Xfinity, nothing is consistent with the exception of price increases.  Example... on the equipment alone for my 4K boxes... they've gone $5 to $7.50 to $9 to $10.  Come on!!  

2 Messages

8 months ago

Same here, I have been loyal for 20 years and they used to try to keep existing customers by offering limited deals. Now we have to cancel service and find other options. There is no surprise over 300k subscribers have left.

(edited)

1 Message

8 months ago

I’m a long ,long time costumer with comcast I’d like to switch to just internet 50$ all in new costumer 115 for a 25 year always payed my bill on time costumer really ?????

1 Message

8 months ago

They are also not recording proper data usage. They report higher data usage than you actually use.

2 Messages

7 months ago

I'm in the same boat. I'm a platinum member and think been a customer for 14 years. I see adds all thr time for deals I'm not allowed to get because I've been a loyal customer. In theory I could cancle all my services and have my girlfriend register the same services under her name at my address and save tons of money each month. Why is this a thing? I've been paying you guys for 14 years , shouldn't I be getting the good deal for staying or should I just leave for Verizon internet and cell phones? 

Pretty ridiculous way of doing business. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @user_bl2eqf, thanks for reaching out for help with your account. Our team will be glad to take a look and see what promotions we have available. To get started, please use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging. Once there, type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list to send us a message with your full name and address

1 Message

7 months ago

Same as everyone else, it's time to cancel and move on due to price gouging the loyal customer. Of course it takes a miracle to actually get them to allow you to cancel because they try to avoid contact or answering questions honestly.

Official Employee

• 

911 Messages

@user_5obae3, thank you for using the Community Forums page. I am saddened to hear you feel this way, but I am more than happy to answer any questions you have had concerns getting addressed in the past. As for price points, we can definitely look into that as well. Transparency is always our top priority.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

6 months ago

I've been a customer over 30 years. The recent price increases are no longer worth the service. I cut my bill in 1/2 last week going with fiber internet, same speed no data caps and one of the popular streaming tv services- which has all the same channels and unlimited DVR and watch outside of my home when I travel. I didn't expect or ask for them to match those prices, but meet somewhere in the middle. They actually raised my rates for a new contract if I had stayed. 

Not the agents fault, but the company will not exist in the TV market for many more years unless they pivot quickly away from their current business plan. My generation is cutting the cord in record numbers, and the younger crown will never choose this type of service at these prices. 

2 Messages

Sounds like you made the right choice. I will be doing the same soon. My xfinity mobile contract is almost up as well. :)

1 Message

6 months ago

Agree comcast is a bunch of [EDIT: Language] for doing this 

(edited)

2 Messages

6 months ago

Same here. I have been paying more than $40 per month for three years and have been spending hours on negotiating a new deal. 
I contacted xfinity when I noticed that my monthly payment increased from $65 to overt $100 within three years. And they agreed with $80 for super fast plan with WiFi equipment, but I just got my bill for $96 this month. And xfinity is offering $60 for the same plan on the internet.

Maybe we can group together to sue the company for price discrimination. It is not right to trap the customer with a lower price then increase every year and end up paying higher price even you cry for it.

2 Messages

5 months ago

I've been pretty disappointed as well. I have been an Xfinity customer for at least ten years, just internet, no tv or phone. For several years, after the initial two year intro, I was paying $62/mo. Then in January my bill went to $72/mo with no explanation. Now this month it's $74. If this keeps up I'll get a satellite or something. I get the offers in my mailbox for new customers and see what the deal is and figure they put the cost of luring new customers onto their existing customers. I'm about ready to go back to just reading books!

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you for being a valued Xfinity customer and for joining us here on the Xfinity Forums

user_kzgd9p. I would be happy to review your account and the billing as well as promotional offers available to you. We can also revisit your services and ensure you are in the correct package based on your needs. Can you please send a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forum's page.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Press Enter to send your message

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here