U

Monday, September 30th, 2024 1:42 PM

Unfair and deceptive acts and practices

In July 2024I contacted Xfinity to remove our movie channels and reduce our monthly expense.  The rep I spoke with offered a plan to remove our landline, remove the movie channels, take a cell plan with streaming service to reduce our bill by $100/mo.  We had to activate the cell plan to have the new plan go into effect. After 2 months nothing changed except that we were now also paying for a mobile plan on top of our already high cable bill.  I contacted Xfinity and the rep I spoke with said that the best she could do was reduce our bill by $29/mo. I said that was unacceptable and demanded to speak with a supervisor. I was told a supervisor would review the recording from the original conversation and I would receive a call back within 24-72 hours. Now 8 days later I contacted Xfinity once again and was told by the rep that unfortunately the original rep who originally offered me the reduced plan fraudulently did so to sell a new cell service (her words not mine). I am now waiting for another call back. This sure seems like a case our attorney general consumer affairs office would love to get a hold of. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

12 hours ago

Hello user_uhuzpu! Thank you so much for sharing the experience that you have been having with our agents and the account changes. I'm extremely sorry to hear that the initial offered plan was not put into place and honored as requested. I know how frustrating is can be to be told one thing and another thing happen. It is not a good experience for you or us. I would love to investigate this and help out in any way I can to have it corrected! 

During the account change process there is a requirement for approval of your account and services. Did you receive a link for your approval at that time and a confirmation email after notating the exact changes? 

I want to make sure that we have this corrected for you and any details that I can find can help us correct the account completely. 

2 Messages

We only received the confirmation for the cell phone.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

user_uhuzpu I appreciate those details, I have a feeling that the order never completed and that may have been the cause of all the trouble. If you don't mind, I would love to dig into this for us. Simply send us a direct message with your name and service address. From there I will have to send a verification code for the account, and I will start our investigation so that we can have this corrected. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here