M

Wednesday, March 13th, 2024 12:34 AM

Closed

Underground Conduit and Service Line Replacement

I need to replace my underground electricity service and place that service in a new conduit (the old service line was buried with no conduit or other protection). During this process, the power company (PG&E) is asking me to coordinate with the other utility companies if they want to be in the new joint trench with them. I currently do not have service with Comcast at the subject address as it is vacant during construction, but I am a current customer with service at another address. I have tried repeatedly to get through to a human being to discuss what needs to be done and to be connected with the right department but can't seem to get past the nest of automated responses when I call your 800 number.

Can someone please tell me who to contact to coordinate the placement of conduit for a new domestic service line to an existing residential home in San Ramon, CA (Bay Area)? If there is no one to coordinate with, can someone tell me the size of conduit you need and I will have it placed per the Joint Trench details in the power company's field manual. 

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

7 months ago

Thanks for reaching out, My_Dilemma. The first step would be to confirm Comcast serviceability to the location if it's never been serviced by us before. Then coordinate with the correct local teams for next steps. We can help! Please send us a direct message. 

To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

2 Messages

Hi, I have previously had service at this address and I can currently get service on the existing line so I know that it is serviceable. I will do the above to reach you soon.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here