U

Tuesday, May 28th, 2024 3:33 PM

Unable to return Comcast router

I have recently cancelled my Comcast internet service as I have moved to an already-connected home. However, I have found the process of returning my router to be a bit painful. I attempted to return it at my local Xfinity store, but since my new residence was far away from where my original service was, they would not let me return it there. I then tried (on multiple occasions) to print the return label so I could use UPS, but I was unable to do so. To clarify, I:

This screen has appeared for several days in a row. I tried calling support and either talked to a bot (who couldn't help me), or was put on hold for a long time before the call just hung up out of nowhere. I really would like to deal with this as soon as possible as I don't want to be charged late fees and will also be leaving on a lengthy trip soon and so would not be able to return it for several weeks.

I would really appreciate any help, thanks!

Edit: I was finally able to print the shipping label, but the return address is incorrect. Since I have changed addresses, I no longer want the return address to be my previous residence, but rather my new one. I'm not sure how I can update this. Thanks!

Expert

• 

105.6K Messages

3 months ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

3 months ago

@user_heb47x 

I would recommend clearing your caches and cookies or trying a different browser but if you're not able to print off the shipping label you can take the Xfinity equipment to the local Xfinity store  xfinity.com/stores  or UPS store locations theupsstore.com/tools/find-a-store 

4 Messages

I already tried a local store and they would not take it.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

3 months ago

All the local Xfinity stores will take the equipment,  not all stores will let you make changes to your account because some of those stores are only branded partner stores, I suggest using the link I gave you to find the nearest Xfinity store in your location

the UPS stores not all of them  will allow you to drop off xfinity equipment with out shipping labels  but if you use that link I gave you they'll direct you in the nearest ups store that does allow for the drop of xfinity equipment

4 Messages

As I explained in my post, I took it to my local Xfinity store, but they said they could not accept it because I lived outside of their service area. I even used that same link you provided. I have also read other posts where people experienced similar issues of local stores not taking their equipment, so this solution does not work in general.

As for the UPS store, I have also read many posts about people having issues with this service, and employees being confused about people coming in with a box and no shipping label. Since my local UPS store is also seemingly outside of an Xfinity service area, I don't want to waste my time going there.

I would prefer to directly message someone else to figure this out as these general solutions do not work, and frankly this experience is turning me away from Xfinity. If your answer is for me to take it to my local Xfinity store, which I have already done, then perhaps you can call them and explain my situation; I'm not going to be able to convince them on my word alone. Otherwise, if someone can figure out a way to modify my shipping label to have the correct return address and I will gladly print it out and take the package to UPS myself.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

To clarify did you move outside of our market area and take our equipment with you? also we contract with UPS so they will ship and mail the equipment to you for free of charge we have the locations for UPS due to some customers distant locations with our Xfinity stores have you tried going to The UPS Store yet

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

The return label printed is going be based off of the warehouse of where your service is located at so that won't have an effect on shipping that's just in case it doesn't get shipped to us and has to be returned to you.

You  can take picture of the UPS label and save for your record in case you still get notifications to return the equipment and then reach out us again and we can have you send us direct message to make sure that equipment is  removed off your account

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here