U

Wednesday, May 22nd, 2024 8:52 PM

Trying to get to talk to a customer service rep by phone is ridiculous

I have been getting a message on my phone that says "Phone locked Your device can't be activated on another carrier's network right now.  For help, please contact Xfinity Mobile customer support."  Of course, there is no phone number provided for said support.  I would love to get customer support!  I tried the "virtual assistant" but all is does is give prompts for questions that do not apply.  How do you get a human person to actually talk to to solve a problem?  If you don't fit into a neat category, you go into a loop where the "assistant" repeats the same questions over and over.  It is an extremely frustrating system!!  I could not find anything on the web site or my phone app that provided a contact number.  I Googled for a number and have been waiting for a "customer account executive" for 13 minutes and counting.  They do not even give any indication of how many are  ahead in the queue or haw long you might wait.  No offer of a call back.  Xfinity needs to up its game for customer support!

Official Employee

• 

572 Messages

24 days ago

user_54xtsw Thank you so much for reaching out to us here today with your questions! You can find instructions for unoocking your Xfinity Mobile cell phone here https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/eligible-to-unlock-phone. Please let me know if you have any trouble with the process. 

2 Messages

But WHY am I getting this message?  It is coming from xfinity.  It just started and won't stop.  I understand my phone is set to the xfinity system; I don't need (at least I don't think I need) to unlock the phone for another company.  How do I get the messages to stop?

Official Employee

• 

708 Messages

Thank you for your response and details provided. To ensure we are on the same page, do you currently have Xfinity Mobile service? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here