U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, February 20th, 2022 9:32 PM

Closed

Trying to activate internet, but "Xfinity services are disconnected" and app says I am not an Xfinity user.

I purchased an Xfinity internet plan and received my "Getting Started Kit" which consisted of a coaxial cable, paper instructions, and an Xfinity Flex box. I already have a modem/router in my apartment. 

Issues:

The Get started instructions say to log into the Xfinity app, but I get the error message "Access not Authorized. You signed in successfully, but you must be an Xfinity user to enjoy this service."

On the Xfinity website, when I try to access account settings an error window appears saying "Your Xfinity services are disconnected." and I do not see any upcoming bills. So far I have only paid the $1 fee.

I'm unsure as to why Xfinity is telling me I am not a user and my services are disconnected.

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

11 months ago

I had to go to an Xfinity store to resolve the issue. Once there, a very helpful Xfinity employee was able to resolve the situation. Long story short, a previous tenant had moved out over a year ago, but had not canceled their Xfinity service. I was unable to start my own Xfinity service until that ex-tenant was contacted and canceled their service. 

XfinityLysa

Official Employee

• 

570 Messages

1 year ago

Hi @ user_ce89f7

I appreciate you taking the time to reach out and letting us know about the issues are experiencing with your new services and the getting started kit. You’ve come to the right place, and we will make sure we get your services working for you.

Please send me a Peer to Peer message so that I can gather some account details. Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

A simple, system generated email notifying me that my order was cancelled due to a current subscription at this address would have been appreciated and saved time for all parties involved. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here