szpernogas's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Fri, Dec 25, 2020 9:00 PM

Throttling after upgrading to unlimited data

Hello,

I have a question in regards to my speeds on my internet plan. We have someone in the house who started live streaming their video games online this month and I noticed our speeds begin to slow down recently and they were not able to maintain the same bitrate on their stream. I upgraded our internet to the 1GB download 35mb upload plan, and upgraded to unlimited data right before I hit the 1.2GB limit for the month. I see now on my account plan that it does not show a limit on my data anymore, but it seems like the connection we are getting is still slow. I run a variety of speed tests that will show plenty of upload speed but as soon as we try to upload something or go live the connection crashes. Do I have to wait for the new month for my speed to go back to normal even though I have unlimited data now?

Responses

dj280

Problem Solver

• 

2.5K Messages

6 m ago

Service changes made to account should become active on your account immediately, but we should allow at most 24 hours.

Maybe others can advise re the crashing.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 m ago

Your speeds to the Comcast server will always test off the scale but I have found with speed test programs other than Comcast/Xfinity branded speed test, real world backbone access speeds, I usually get a very small percentage of what Comcast advertises their speeds to be. For example I have 300 megabit service tier, I struggle to get anything over 35 or 40 megabit. Test to the Comcast Xfinity server gives me full speed and sometimes a little bit better. They are throttling the internet at their servers. Try using VPN I think you'll see a little bit better results.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 m ago

THEY SURE ARE.

Use firefox and their free VPN you will get your speed back.

Shame on you COMCAST.

Official Employee

• 

2.9K Messages

6 m ago

Greetings, @szpernogas! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day! I apologize to hear you are having issues with your speeds after upgrading. We can certainly look into this for you and see what could be causing this. As a power user myself constantly going over my data has not once brought my speed down what so ever. Please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Solution.tick

New to the Community?

Start Here