U

Wednesday, February 28th, 2024 2:40 PM

Closed

The outage map does not show the current outage size. How do I find that information out?

Per the below screenshot I do not understand this map.  As I read it, It shows my house has an outage. But I don't see how large the outage is. How do I know how large the outage is?>

3 Messages

8 months ago

Do the purple circles shown in the legend apply to my house icon?  i.e. if the house is 1/2 filled in it is an outage of 100-500?

Official Employee

• 

376 Messages

Hello @user_1btd8i! That is a great question! You will actually see the ovals on the outage map to indicate how large the service interruption is. The color of your house on the map just indicates that you are in a service interruption. Your house would normally appear in black color if you were not experiencing a service interruption. You can use the "+" and "-" icons located at the bottom right of the map to zoom in and out. By zooming out, you may see the ovals appear. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

Too bad the map doesn't allow you to come out. Seems like Xfinity doesn't want you to see how bad it is

3 Messages

I tried to zoom in and out ... I could not zoom out and there were no ovals.

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

@user_1btd8i There is a limit to how far out you are able to zoom, so you would only be able to zoom out based on the limits of the "+" and "-" icons. If the interruption is larger than the current view, you would not be able to see it. However, if the interruption is not a large scale impact, you would be able to see it. Please let me know if this helps!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

A year back, the map was able to be zoomed out and moved from side to side and typically the outages were shown nearby or perhaps citywide. But now this capability has been removed! It can only be a purposeful decision by Comcast/Xfinity to remove those capabilities. So the only logical conclusion is that the company doesn't want its customers to know how widespread or common outages occur. That is, assuming the map was even correctly updated in real time in the first place.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here