U

Wednesday, July 17th, 2024 1:47 PM

The infinite loop of the automated phone system

I have NEVER been as frustrated making a call as I was trying to contact a live agent to discuss a bill.  The system goes in loops when ever you try to get to a live agent - the system recognizes you as a valid xfinity user but then when you attempt it wants more confirmation.  IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO REACH A LIVE AGENT FROM THE PHONE.  This has to be the absolutely WORST custom service experience ever.   Who ever is in charge of their "customer service" should be ashamed to call it that.  I would call it the [Edited: "Inflammatory"] 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

3 months ago

user_ahrzhh, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support. This is not the experience we want for our customers. We do have self-service options available to check your bill by going to Xfinity.com/myaccount or you can use the Xfinity app. Also, we are available to review your bill with you. If you would like assistance, 

send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forum's page. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

You have absolutely, 100%, missed the point of the OP's post. The point of the post is that is unacceptably difficult to speak verbally with an Xfinity representative. Your response was to provide self-help options? Seriously? I concur with the OP; it is very obvious that Xfinity has engineered their customer service process to minimize actual conversations between customers and live agents. The automated questions and call routing are way too restrictive, they don't let customers actually explain their problem, and they inevitably direct customers to useless "self-help" feature. Most customers calling already know how to fix the basic issues offered by self-help, and they've exhausted those methods, and they now need to speak with someone. I know Xfinity knows this, it's just bad business to make it so difficult for customers to reach someone.  

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

user_5958b9, Hi there! Thanks for taking the time out of your Thursday to visit our forums page. As a customer myself, I understand the importance of paying for service and recieving quality service in return. I am sorry to learn about this experinece. At Comcast, we strive in ensuring that your experience is seamless and superior as possible. The digital options we offer really do help with providing solutions faster depending on the scenario. We will certainly pass along your feedback so we can continue to provide an exceptional experience. Here is also a great digital option to leave valuable feedback such as this. The great thing about working with us over social media is we can help via messageing which enables more freedom to go about your day instead of waiting on the phone. The work we do is saved in writing and it's easy to follow up. We try to take advantage of this to put your experience first.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

8 days ago

This was the most infuriating, insane and ridiculous experience I have been through.  They asked me over 15 times in 5 minutes if they could send me a text link to use their automated system.  Each time I said no but they kept asking. Finally I got an actual person who I had to give all my information to all over again and they still couldn't find the problem with my account.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here