U

Wednesday, July 31st, 2024 5:25 PM

Text Confirmations from Xfinity for Logging Into My Account

I do not own a cellphone, so how do I get Xfinity to stop asking me to verify my landline phone# for texts? How do I get them to use my email to confirm who I am for logging in--or get them to call my landline for confirmation?

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

1 month ago

Hello, user_tyfn7j thank you for taking time out of your day to create a post over Xfinity Forums. You've reached out to the right place for support, and I want to answer the question for you. If your phone is not able to receive a text notification, you would want to remove any numbers that may be set up under mobile preference inside your account. 

There is also the great option to update the email address and preferences if needed when logged into your account either online or through the great Xfinity App. Here is a helpful article I found on our website that has more information on contact preferences: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/update-account-preferences

3 Messages

@XfinityJustinC​ Thank you for your kind reply.

The site does not allow me to remove my landline # from the cellphone/text#.  It only allows it to be changed to a valid# or to verify it with a text, neither of which I can do.

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

user_tyfn7j I appreciate the follow-up and was hoping to hear you were able to get that updated when signing in. From experience, I know that Xfinity IDs may have a certain role assigned to them: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/primary-and-secondary-accounts

- Is the Xfinity ID you're logging in with either the primary or on a manager level? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

@XfinityJustinC​ I only have 1 ID when I log into my account. Xfinity assigned me an ID for this commentary area.  I'm not a manager, I'm just trying to fix this cellphone/text problem.

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

user_tyfn7j thank you for the update. I'd definitely like to investigate further, and would need to gather some information to locate your account that we don't want in our public conversation. When you have time, please send a direct message: 

To send a direct message: 

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon in the upper right - it looks like a chat bubble  

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon just to the right of Conversations

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line - do not use the Employee's name!

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name, the account holder name (if different), and the service address

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here