U

Monday, October 14th, 2024 3:20 PM

Terrible Service

Our internet went out on 9/27/24 due to hurricane Helene which I understand. The part that is irritating is that the Xfinity app would say our service was expected to be restored by a certain date and then it would just keep shifting over a day or two. Like it said 9/30, then 10/1, then 10/3, then 10/5, and so on. Now it looks like they just gave up on an estimate and it just says "as soon as possible". To top it off, I got an email saying I am only getting a credit until the 13th because that is my expected date of restoration, except it still has not been restored. When I called in, the recording said services have been restored to my area and if you continue to have an outage to stay on the line. Customer service was unable to give any kind of update as to when service woukd be restored. My wife is working remotely because the storm damaged her office and I work remotely. We have been using our phone hotspots in the mean time but they ran out of data. The lack of information is just terrible customer service. As I sit her right now, I still have not clue when my service might be restored beyond "as soon as possible"...

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

4 days ago

user_6vqf8v I would be happy to review the interruption, and see if there is any information I can find for you. Normally the app provides ETA's, but I would be happy to see if there is more I can find for you. 

Can you send us a direct message with your full name, name of account holder (if different), and service address please?

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (speech bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here