U

Thursday, October 3rd, 2024 10:59 PM

Terrible Customer Service Experience

We have been having terrible TV reception for over a week.  I tried using the virtual assistant on September 27th.  I was told that they scheduled an appointment for a technician to come out on September 28th between 8 and 10 am.  I never received a confirmation and no one ever showed.  I call customer service to see what happened.  I was told that there was a problem and the ticket was never created.  Ok, things happen.  The customer service representative scheduled a new appointment for today, October 3rd between 2 and 4 pm.  I was told they would have new tv boxes and remotes and that that should fix the issues we are having. I did receive multiple confirmations.

Today - the technician did arrive and on time.  He did not bring any equipment.  He was in my home for less than 5 minutes.  He told me that all he could do was create a ticket to have someone else "ping" the box outside to see what the issue is and that it would take 2-3 weeks.  [Edit: Netiquette]

I then called customer service again to try to get help.  This customer service rep proceeded to tell me she could not help me because I am not listed on the account and that I would need to have my husband add me so she could help me.  [Edit: Netiquette]!  I had not been told this by anyone else up to this point.  I asked to speak to a manager.  I was told that she would have to submit a ticket and that someone would call me back.  Gee, guess what, I still have not received a call.  I admit I was very angry and frustrated on the call, but can anyone blame me?  I was provided this ticket number (if it is even legit): [Edit: Personal Information].

At this point I had to disturb my husband at work and have him call customer service to try to get help.  He was able to get assistance and we are being sent new equipment.

This is the absolute worst customer service experience I have ever had and I deserve, at the minimum, a call and an apology.  

I will be looking for other companies to provide our tv and internet service.  At this point your entire company is just [Edit: Inflammatory].

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

15 days ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

Official Employee

• 

580 Messages

15 days ago

@user_78sbsi  Good afternoon. Thanks for posting to our community. We appreciate it, and the feedback about the service and Xfinity Assistant. It is a great resource to manage the account and service settings when we are not available. It is my favorite as I can check the monthly statements, and also reboot the wifi for dinner time. That ensures the kids come to eat, and that makes me very happy. For these situations the best is the Online Repair tool. It troubleshoots the equipment directly, and also provides a calendar to have a tech onsite, if something is not resolved remotely. I found the link for you here https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/schedule-repair-appointment. I want you to know you have our full support here, it's a great platform to count on. Do you have tracking information for the delivery? We'd like to follow up with you and ensure everything goes as planned. 

2 Messages

This response does not address any of my concerns

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

user_78sbsi, I can only imagine what you've been going through, and I apprecaite you taking the time to provide the context behind your experience in your post. I'd love a chance to work with you more and help turn things around. I'd like to be review your account for those past tech visit notes, and any pending orders or shipments. In order to get started can you please send a direct message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right? Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here