U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Monday, January 3rd, 2022 2:51 AM

Closed

Technician fee

I am having internet my internet keeps coming in and out I can't even watch a movie on Netflix with it downloaded more than 5 times It's been like that for a month now. I call to make an appointment so a technician can come to check it for us but they didn't tell us how much they will charge us for it can somebody tell me how much it's would cost? We being we Xfinity for almost 4 years now.

Accepted Solution

Problem Solver

• 

909 Messages

3 years ago

Hello, @user_3197a9. Thank you for posting here on our forums regarding your appointment cost concerns. We truly appreciate your business over the past 4 years, and I'd love to further review the costs with you. If the issue is determined to not be on Comcast's end, then the fee can be up to $100. If the issue is caused from our equipment, network, or outside lines, then there would be no fee associated. There may be a charge if the issues are originating from customer owned equipment, inside lines, computer or modem/router settings, etc. The tech will be able to better determine on site after inspecting the signal. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Can you explain further what you mean if it's not in "Comcast end" for me. 

Problem Solver

• 

909 Messages

@user_3197a9, yes, of course! I'd love to further review what's covered by us. A fee is not applied when the issues is determined to be network issues such as noise on the coax line from an outside source or neighboring property, damaged outside lines (any lines connected to our network up until they reach inside your home), equipment malfunctioning such as our cable boxes or modems, fault at the node in the neighborhood or at the plant, or any signal issues detected caused from something outside of the home.

The wiring inside the home is the responsibility of the home owner/management of the building and may require an electrician to repair, and any damaged/malfunctioning equipment inside the home not rented through us would not be covered. Diagnosis of problems with the connection between your Customer Equipment and your Xfinity services would also not be covered (example: firewall settings preventing a proper connection, a computer not capable of the speed option assigned, etc.) Please let me know if you have further questions regarding the tech fee. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

If my WiFi keep coming on and out and the wi-fi symbol at my  cable box keeps flashing will that be the owner problem and have to pay $100 to fix it or Comcast will cover it?  

Official Employee

• 

553 Messages

Are you leasing one of our wireless gateways or are you using your own personal modem/router? If leasing one of ours that will fall into Xfinity related issue so a charge would not be applied. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

I'm using wireless gateways 

Official Employee

• 

553 Messages

Got it! You should be perfectly fine then not being assessed any technician visit fee. Please let us know how the appointment goes! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here