U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, July 20th, 2024 2:00 PM

TECH SUPPORT

We have been having issues with our service cutting in and out for over a month, both our internet and our television. The internet drops and reconnects randomly. The television screen shows pixelation or goes completely black at random moments. It is clearly an issue with the signal which we are receiving and is frustrating and disruptive. We pay a high price for this service and I work remotely from home, so this is a serious problem. It happens 15-30 times a day, or more at random times. We began noticing this after our neighbor cut some tree branches that fell against the line, though it did not pull the line down. After multiple attempts through your automated services, I was able to schedule a technician appointment. Within an hour of making the appointment, I began receiving calls and texts that “routine monitoring” showed my service was fine and prompting me to cancel my appointment. Despite my continued reply that the appointment was still needed, I was notified that my appointment was cancelled. The problem persisted.

Again I navigated your automated systems, and spoke with your representatives that do not have a strong command of the English language and are very difficult to understand, finally scheduling an appointment for a technician. Again, I began receiving text and calls prompting me to cancel my appointment, and again I continually replied that I needed the appointment. I continued to receive multiple calls and texts attempting to cancel the appointment. Finally A third-party contractor arrived to troubleshoot the issue. He checked two points on the line with a meter and said our signal was weak at one point. He said that someone else would be out later that afternoon or the next day to resolve the issue and would confirm with us that our service was functioning properly. That was June 27, 2024 and no one has ever come out and we still have the same problem.

We are now frustrated and angry that we are not getting the service which we are paying a very high price to have, and that my work is being continuously disrupted by the internet dropping, that we cannot get the issue resolved, and that we cannot communicate our concerns to a live person who can understand what we need. Yesterday, my husband went to our local Xfinity store and spoke to someone there. I know they do not provide technical support, but at least they listened to him, and they were able to have someone call us. Because my husband and I have different names, I received a call to verify the account and allow him permission to speak to the representative about the account. After multiple conversations, we made an appointment for a technician on Monday, July 22, 2024. Before my husband returned from talking to the representatives at the store, I began to receive calls and texts prompting me to cancel this appointment.  My husband answered a call late yesterday and angrily explained that we need to get this resolved and to keep the appointment as scheduled. He was assured the appointment was confirmed. I received another text and a call after his conversation last night prompting me to cancel this appointment. This morning, on my day off of work, I received a call at 7:28 am and a voicemail that I should call about my appointment. I called back because I am afraid they will cancel the appointment if I do not reply. I listened to the standard script the man read to me, verified my account, and begged him not to cancel my appointment. He assured me the appointment was confirmed.

I am sure that I will continue to receive these frustrating texts and calls until the appointment time, as Comcast/Xfinity continues to try to cancel this appointment. It is difficult to remain calm because this is so frustrating, and no one seems to be listening to our concerns, and no one seems to care about us as customers. We live in a rural area and Comcast/Xfinity is our only option for “wired” internet and television services. We pay a lot of money for our services. They worked fine for a long time, but now we have an issue and no one at Comcast/ Xfinity seems to care.

I honestly feel like I deserve a partial refund on my last two months service because it has not been working properly. I just want the service that I am paying for to function properly, to keep the technician appointment to actually resolve the issue with our services, and to not be harassed with calls and texts simply because I need a technician to resolve the issue.

Are you able to provide a resolution for me?

[Edited: "Personal Information"]

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 months ago

@user_4e077e

We do apologize for any inconvenience our awesome Xfinity app runs diagnostic checks even when you have a trouble call set up so it's always checking to see is any updates done in the area that fixture issue as sometimes there is maintenance done in the neighborhood that could resolve the issue before the texts come out

I'll be happy to verify your account to make sure the appointment is set up and then what I can do is follow back up with you after the tech leaves and we can talk about issuing credits for the last two months for the service issues

to get started please send me a DM To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon in the upper right - it looks like a chat bubble
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon just to the right of Conversations
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line - do not use the Employee's name!
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name, the account holder name (if different), and the service address

Contributor

• 

47 Messages

2 months ago

They desperately need some competition. 

This is the 21st century. Internet and email access are basic necessities, like electricity. 

Just like with the big crash yesterday, there needs to be accountability and penalties for failures. 

When penalties cost more than maintenance, then there will be better maintenance. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here