U

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, March 18th, 2023 11:12 PM

Closed

Sunnyvale 94087 outage since Tuesday

​My service went down last Tuesday and the light on my router has been blinking since then. According to the Xfinity outage map there is an outage in zip code 94087 due to “extreme weather”. The weather has been fine in Sunnyvale in the past couple of days and according to your website, some of my neighbors are not experiencing any issues at all. There have been no updates on what the problem is or when it will be fixed for more than 72 hours. Can you please help me out? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I’m having the same issue. Every time I try to connect with a human, I get a canned response saying that nobody can help until the outage has been resolved. Xfinity - some help here? 

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_b6713d Hello I can certainly look into any issues you're experiencing. 

Please send a private message by clicking the direct messaging chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Why we need to send you a private message to get an update when it is clear that the problem is common and a lot of customers are suffering from it? 

It's been a week that we have no service... 

Problem Solver

• 

606 Messages

That is a great question, and we ask that you send a private message so that we can get and provide sensitive info. While I can understand that this is frustrating and not the experience that we want for you. I show that the commercial power outage is ongoing.

The commercial power is not out at your home or location, but power is disrupted elsewhere in the network, thereby impacting Comcast’s ability to provide service.

Even if your home has power, Comcast services can be disrupted. This happens because power is disrupted affecting the overall power grid, and the location of the Comcast facilities that provide service to your home may be affected by the power interuption  even if your home is not.

We do need to wait for the commercial power interuption that is affecting the equipment that provides service to you to be resolved then once we the ok from the power company we can proceed to work on any network isuses that may be present. 

With our awesome Xfinity app you can get updates on interuptions, report service interruptions, and see when your service is expected to be restored.

All Comcast customers can access millions of Xfinity WiFi hotspots available nationwide in any area that is not affected by a commercial power outage. Click here to find a public hotspot.

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here