U

Saturday, September 28th, 2024 12:09 AM

Streamsaver - Netflix Activation

There are many people having problems activating services after purchasing Streamsaver, myself included. I purchased the package yesterday that includes Netflix, Peacock and Apple TV. Initially all three streaming services gave an error that I was not eligible when I tried to activate them following instructions from Xfinity. After speaking with Xfinity support yesterday afternoon, I was assured the matter would be resolved within 24 hours and that I would be notified. I was able to activate Apple TV and Peacock last night, so somebody fixed something, but as of now still can't activate Netflix. The error message has changed (pasted below). After waiting 28 hours for the promised call back, I spent a while with online support this afternoon (because it's impossible to call a person). He tried several things to no avail. He said he would escalate and I'd hear back within 24 hours. Since the first 24 hours came and went without any contact, I'm skeptical that I'll get a callback. I'd like to resolve this before Netflix generates my October invoice on Sunday to avoid paying twice. I've already cleared browser history, tried multiple browsers on two different computers and phone, rebooted my Xfinity Network, all to no avail. There are dozens if not hundreds of customers who have experienced this issue over the last several months, so it would seem the solution would have been identified already.

Your offer can't be activated right now.

There's a problem linking to your package with Xfinity. Contact their customer service for more information.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

20 days ago

user_q6ybwk Thank you so much for your post on setting up your StreamSaver offer. We did previously have a known issue but that has since passed and customer have been successful in accessing all of their subscription options attached to the stream saver. You mentioned you already have Netflix set up outside of this subscription were you provided with this link and the following steps?
  1. Visit customer.xfinity.com/activate-netflix. This link will also be sent to your Xfinity Email address once you purchase your StreamSaver™ offer.
    • Note: You'll need to be logged in to your Xfinity account. 
    • If you have a Netflix subscription in a bundle with another provider, manage your account with them to avoid multiple active subscriptions.
  2. Click Activate Netflix.
    Screenshot of the Activate your Netflix service screen. On the left, a series of tiles appears with various Netflix shows, including Wednesday, Queer Eye, and The Crown. On the right, there's a short summary of Netflix activation details. The Activate Netflix button.

3. You’ll be re-directed to Netflix’s activation page to continue.
  4. Enter the email address associated with your existing Netflix account, then click Next.
    Screenshot of the screen where the user can enter their email address to set up their Netflix account. There's a field where the user can type their email address. Underneath, the Next button appears.

5. Enter the password associated to your Netflix account.
    Screenshot of the password entry screen. The header says, Enter the password for this Netflix account. There's a field where the user can type their password. The Next button is at the bottom.

6. You may see the below screen if you already have a Netflix Premium or Standard account. You can choose to keep your existing Netflix Premium or Standard plan, and the applicable charge will be added to your Xfinity bill for StreamSaver™.
    • If you want to keep Premium or Standard, click Yes, Start Watching.
    • If not, click Show Other Plans.
      Screenshot of the plan that offers options for upgrading the current Netflix plan. At the bottom, there are buttons to either Start Watching or Show Other plans.

7. If you select Show Other Plans, you’ll see a list of available Netflix plans. Select your preferred plan, then click Continue.
    • Notas:
      • If you select any plan other than what is included the corresponding charge will be added to your Xfinity bill for StreamSaver™.
      • You can also upgrade your Netflix plan anytime from your Netflix account (netflix.com/account) by selecting Change Plan next to Plan Details.
        Screenshot of a customer's account on the Netflix website. The plan details section has a link that says Change plan.

8. Confirm your plan details are correct. If everything looks good, click Accept & Watch Now to begin watching Netflix content!

6 Messages

@XfinityAmandaB​ Thank you. This is the same process I've been following. I've tried probably 25 times now and after executing Step 2 I get this message:

Your offer can't be activated right now.

There's a problem linking to your package with Xfinity. Contact their customer service for more information.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_q6ybwk Thank you for letting me know where that is popping up in the process. Is this error showing up right after you click the activate Netflix option or are you getting to enter your current Netflix information when it appears? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

6 Messages

From the initial link, a page opens with options to activate Netflix, Peacock, and Apple. I click "Activate Netflix" which takes me to another page with the following text and an "Activate Netflix" button below it. When I click that 2nd Activate Netflix button, I get the message above that my offer can't be activated right now. I never get to a point to be able to enter my Netflix credentials.

Activate your Netflix service

Unlimited entertainment. Watch your favorite TV shows, movies, and more.

If you already have Netflix, use the same email address as your current subscription when you activate.

If you have a Netflix subscription in a bundle with another provider, manage your account with them to avoid duplicate subscriptions.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thank you for your patience, I definitely know how frustrating this is especially with all of the troubleshooting you are doing. Let's dive deeper into this issue. Please be assured you reached the right person to assist you. Can you please DM me your first and last name, along with your full service address so that I can assist you further.-Richard

To send a direct message [private message]:

•   Click "Sign In" if necessary
  •   Click the "Direct Message" icon
  •   Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  •   The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  •   - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  •   - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  •   Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  •   Press Enter to send it
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

6 Messages

12 days ago

After spending hours on this again on Monday, I was told by tier 2 support that there's a known systemwide issue that Xfinity engineers are working on and that they would reach out once there is a resolution. Seven days have passed and I still get the same error when trying to activate Netflix.

1 Message

Same here and there is no way to call. Xfinity proving once again they have the worst customer support in the game. Without a near monopoly they would have zero customers.

1 Message

7 days ago

Same here. Apparently they are “working on it.” Meanwhile I’m paying $15.00/mo to be able to stream Netflix as part of stream saver. What a joke. Be sure to check your bills- just discovered I’m being billed twice for peacock- separate charge of $7.99 plus streamsaver. Now I need to figure out when I have time to sit on the phone for hours to get it corrected. 

6 Messages

That assumes you can actually speak to a person on the phone, which I've found to be near impossible to arrange.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here