U

Thursday, July 18th, 2024 7:39 PM

Storm Ready Returns

Hi,

I have sent in the webform twice to request a return of my storm ready device, and have never received any response from XFinity.  The product is not usable due to my network configuration.  The website does NOT make clear that the storm-ready device is unusable if the modem is used in bridge configuration.  I tried to return physically in the nearest store and was told they cannot process returns for the device.

When can I expect to hear back regarding my return request?

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

3 months ago

user_oc2zjn Hello there! Thanks for using our Forums to reach out and let us know you are having a hard time with our website and the return. We are here to help, can you send us a DM with your full name and address? Please also note that sending unsolicited private messages to myself or any other user is a direct violation of our forum guidelines. You must first create a Public post requesting assistance, and once a Comcast verified employee responds and asks for a private message to be sent, you can then proceed with doing so. This is just a heads up for future reference, but I look forward to further assisting you.

5 Messages

Hello Jorge, the DM system is not allowing me to select your user name to send a message.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thanks for the response and we are sorry you are having a hard time DM'ing us. Can you try closing the browser or trying another device? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

Hi Jorge, the issue is not that I can't send a DM.  The issue is that your specific username does not show up in the dropdown when starting a new DM.  I can choose any number of other XFinity employees.  It's clearly not a browser issue.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Oh no! Sorry for any confusion, and please try select "Xfinity Support" our team will get back to you as soon as possible. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

5 Messages

3 months ago

Just following up on this post - I was able to reach XFinity support and they told me to take the equipment to UPS in order to return... And now Xfinity is attempting billing me the ENTIRE COST of the storm ready device AFTER I provided the UPS tracking number of the equipment to a support agent.  All this after I:

- Used the online return request form which states an email response would be provided in 24-48 hours (I still have not received a response two weeks later)

- Attempted to return the equipment I COULD NOT USE at an Xfinity store and was told I had to call in to request a return

- Called XFinity and got stuck in an endless loop with their automated phone system for 20 minutes

I went back to the direct message where I had discussed details with XFinity support and they had "forgotten" my name and service address despite it being present three lines up in the chat history.  So after days of trying to get support, I've now returned equipment and XFinity is charging me more money for the inconvenience.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thank you for circling back to your original post with this update, @user_oc2zjn. We're still working with you via Direct Messaging (DMs), and I appreciate you providing your name and address in our private chat once again. To be clear, we have not forgotten or lost your information. For security purposes, our policy stipulates that we must reauthenticate your account if a certain amount of time has passed since we last heard from you. This is why we asked for it again when hearing back from you this week. I appreciate your understanding and continued patience while we research your billing concerns. I'll reply to your latest DM momentarily!

5 Messages

3 months ago

XFinity support chat has informed me that they cannot help, and have referred me back to the online X-Pod return form which I submitted previously.

So, moral of the story is do not buy Storm Ready under any circumstances, because XFinity will not honor the 30 day return policy.  You'll be directed to an apparently unmonitored form, then charged the full amount of the equipment if you actually return it to XFinity.

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

@user_oc2zjn  thank you for your patience as we continue to work at getting the refund for Storm Ready Wi-Fi device. I will continue to work with you on this in direct messaging. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

29 days ago

When my storm ready (already fully paid for) worked, it worked great but quit 2 months before the warranty ran out. Tech support no help although they tried. Returned it to the store and was told twice to expect an email in 24 to 48 hours. Nothing.

How do I find out the status of this interaction?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @user_d4241e Thank you for sharing the trouble the storm ready device was having and the steps your took at our Xfinity Store to have the device returned. I'm sorry that you have not received any communications yet.

For our team we would request that you complete this online form to request the return exchange. Did the store agent advise you that any form was needed to be completed? Did the agent take the storm ready device from you for return?

1 Message

4 days ago

Xfinity aka Comcast has a new device called Storm-Ready Device with a backup battery charger. The concept is great except the employee doesn’t tell you that you are BUYING the device and after 30 days it is truely yours and you can’t return it for a refund after 30 days. I am paying 7.00 a month for something that doesn’t even work well in my neighborhood.

The store manager [Edited: Personal Information] at the [Edited: Personal Information] store said this was an add on for which an email with the contract was sent to me.

The employees make commissions on sales which creates a situation for deceit.

I have always known Comcast to lease Internet equipment and I understood that I was leasing when Chay told me it was 7.00 a month.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I bought the Storm-Ready device September 19, 2023.
It worked great until the middle of August 2024, then I kept getting the “Storm-Ready needs attention” message on the Xfinity app. 

Multiple attempts to reset, restart, etc. did mot help. 
A 3 hour talk with customer support did not help.
I then tried to remove it in order to reinstall and reactivate. 
Xfinity app would not let me remove the device from the equipment list.

Bought a 2nd device to see if it was an equipment problem.
App would not allow it to be activated.
Returned it to the local store 24 hours later.
It appears that the monthly cost for it is still on my account.
Needs to be removed.

Took the original device to the Xfinity retailer where it was bought and was given another modem to see if that would fix the issue.
It did not.

Sept 5th, the store accepted the return keeping the receipt for some reason but did provide me with another Storm-Ready device.

After many, many hours online and on the phone with Xfinity support, I still cannot activate the replacement device because the Xfinity app will still not let me remove the now non existent device despite many more hours with Xfinity support staff.

I have been told 3 times that it would be removed from the tech side and I would be notified in 24-48 hours.

No notification, no resolution to the issue.

30 years with xfinity and this is the current service situation.

Somebody HELP!

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hi there, user_d4241e! You are at the right place for assistance with getting the Storm Ready WiFi activated and ensuring the billing charges are correct from when you changed it out. We appreciate all the steps you have taken to try and resolve this and are glad to get to the bottom of this! We will need to access your account here and gather the details for the Storm Ready WiFi device. 

Please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the direct messaging icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

Official Employee

• 

968 Messages

@user_r2m0wt
Hi there! Thank you for detailing your situation for us. When you said "something that doesn't even work well in my neighborhood", were you referring to the cellular signal strength in your home? Our Storm Ready Wi-Fi comes with a 30-day return period and a 1-year limited warranty.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here