U

Saturday, October 12th, 2024 6:12 PM

stop equipment shipping and frustrating system of customer service

I hope a customer service manager can help. I've already spent a lot of time on chat and on the telephone. I've been stuck in the maze of trying to get this resolved, with no luck.

I requested a move to a new address *without* equipment because I'm using my own. I then got an email saying that equipment is being shipped to the old address. 

The relevant info: we're *moving*, so may not be here to get or refuse the package. I don't want to be charged for equipment I never requested. I don't want to have to deal with returning unwanted equipment. (My account does not show equipment rental, so that's apparently good.)

The individual people I chatted and talked to were lovely and did their best--the problem is with the maze of a system that is very frustrating. [Edited: "Inflammatory"]

How can you, Comcast, help me with this equipment shipment that I don't have time to deal with?

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

6 days ago

Thank you for your feedback and for taking Xfinity with you into your new home, user_biymow. Moving is tough enough so I understand where you're coming from. That email is an automated email that gets sent with every move. Even though you're using your equipment, you'll receive a getting started kit, just without any equipment. It includes things like a Welcome letter, and an Xfinity envelope containing the Comcast Customer Privacy Notice and Agreement for Residential Services.

What's included in an Xfinity Internet Getting Started kit

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here