U

Thursday, June 20th, 2024 9:31 PM

Stolen internet starting kit

I recently signed up for Xfinity internet service at my new apartment. According to FedEx tracking, the package was delivered, but when I checked, it was nowhere to be found. It seems like the kit might have been stolen.

I’ve checked with my neighbors, leasing office and around the building, but there’s no sign of it. What should I do next? I need the internet service up and running as soon as possible. Can you please assist me in resolving this issue? Thank you in advance for your help!

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

4 months ago

Good afternoon @user_hsex6m, and thank you for reaching out on our Community Forums regarding your missing Getting Started Kit with your new modem. We're so sorry to hear that it might have been stolen and assure you that you've reached the right team to help with this. We appreciate you taking the time to check with your neighbors and leasing office and understand needing to get your service up and running as soon as possible. We do have a process in place for these types of situations but will need to collect a few pieces of sensitive information. To get started, can you please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name along with the service address on the account? To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

We look forward to working with you further. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here