D

Wednesday, September 25th, 2024 10:15 PM

Spam Website

Good evening:

I have gotten nowhere with your online assistance, so I thought I would try here.  When I am on my Xfinity email account, the web page will disappear and be replaced with a new web page that shows up as this:

The web page url is: 
Customer Reward Program (luckybeing.me)

I have cleared my cookies and cache, completely logged out of my account, and am using Microsoft Edge.  Edge is the browser I have been using and not had any problems until the last week or so.  It will even kick me out of the page while I am in the middle of typing an email.

Anything that can be done to prevent this from happening would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

[Edited: Personal Information}

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

23 days ago

Hello dogmomthelma thank you for taking the time to reach out about this email situation. Are you logging in directly to xfinity.com when this issue occurs, or using a third-party email application(like Outlook Web App)? Does this occur right after you sign in, or randomly? 

2 Messages

The same thing is happening to me when using xfinity email on the desktop. I am logged in directly to xfinity.com and it occurs randomly. Please advise

8 Messages

Logging directly into xfinity.com.  It just happens randomly - but usually several times a day.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

What email application are you are using, excelchimney?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you for confirming that it is happening when you are logged in directly to xfinity.com @dogmomthelma and that it is happening randomly but usually several times a day, we appreciate it. That is definitely strange but rest assured our team is here to help. Have you tried an alternate web browser or clearing cache and cookies? May I also confirm that it is happening after you have successfully logged in? Are you trying to access any pages in parituclar when it happens? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

8 Messages

As I stated originally, I have cleared my cookies and my cache (first thing I did when it started happening), and I have only used Edge since that is what I have on my computer.  It doesn't even matter if I am using any other web pages . . . it will just randomly kick me out of Xfinity and switch it to that alternate site I shared.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

26K Messages

21 days ago

... on my Xfinity email account, the web page will disappear and be replaced with a new web page ...

Try logging in to https://www.xfinity.com/privacy/opt-out#Preference-opt-out and moving all the sliders to OFF. That should turn off ads on the connect.xfinity.com webmail page and, hopefully, the scam ad as well. You may need to log in with your Primary UserID to do this, and you may need to log out and back in again for the change to take effect.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

1 Message

9 days ago

The exact same thing happens to me multiple times a day. I am logged into my Xfinity email directly from their website and after a few minutes it takes me to that scam page.  If I hit the back button it takes me back to my email but happens again a few minutes later.

Official Employee

• 

968 Messages

@user_0wld7d, this isn't coming through as a pop-up, is it?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

No, this changes the page to the new site entirely

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

user_mb1224, thank you for checking out our Forum for help with this issue, I'd be doing the same if I were in your shoes. Have you tried any troubleshooting on your end? I only ask to avoid repeating anything. If not, can you please start with clearing your cache and cookies?

8 Messages

@user_0wld7d​ - Try doing what Bruce W. suggested.  It seemed to work for me.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here