U

Wednesday, July 31st, 2024 3:37 AM

So frustrated, about to cancel our service!

Just wanted to provide some feedback to your management about how your employees are so focused on selling new services that they are damaging your customers' experiences. 

For one, as a company, you do not provide adequate communication lines for your customers.  I could not find any phone numbers on your support site to directly talk to anyone.  Even when I was finally given a number by one of your employees, in case of our chat dropping, after calling the number, your automated system informed me that all associates were busy with other customers, but instead of putting me on hold, just dropped the call! 

Going through your "online support" and after starting the chat with your Xfinity assistant, I asked for live agent, but the online assistant insisted I had to jump through hoops before I could chat with anyone.  Then I got to chat with the 1st person (from the list of 8 I ended up chatting with, in a span of more than 4 HOURS).  This person (Aman) insisted I had to restart the system even though I informed them I had already done that, and the issue was in fact due to a disconnected/damaged cable.  I informed that person that there were people working in our backyard and they drove heavy machinery through our side yard where the Xfinity cable was superficially/barely buried.  The work crew had cut through the cable, and I could see the tubing that the wire went through was cut into pieces and was thrown to the side.  So, I guess, in the mind of your employee I was too dumb to know what I was talking about and had to go through the motions to prove to them, that in fact was the issue and system reboot was a waste of time.   It seems like, everyone assumes there is no way a woman can be smart enough to actually have a master's degree in technology field...not that I needed my degree to tell if the internet cable was physically cut!

But the biggest issue with the whole process was that every one of your employees was trying to keep the scheduling of a technician hostage while trying to sell me additional services.   Over and over, when I asked about scheduling a technician to come on site, their answer was "don't worry, I'm working on that, but meanwhile let me tell you about our deals"!!!   I wonder how long it actually takes to schedule a technician for site visit?!!!

I was kept on chat for about 2 hours, with the first associate, while s/he was trying to sell me mobile service and I was actually interested, but I needed my internet service connected back first....In every case, as soon as I let them know that I needed tech schedule first or that I cannot move forward with the purchase of new services at the time, for different reasons (like I could not get on the secure site in one case), your employees who were SUPPOSED to be assisting me, dropped the chat on me....

First, I thought that was by accident (since we have to constantly type something or your system drops the chat apparently), but then I noticed, it all happened as soon as I informed your employees, I was not prepared to make additional purchases.  So, as soon as they were not successful to sell me, all of a sudden I see someone new has logged in and letting me know their name and asking me to wait so they can review the chat history to see how they can help me and as soon as I told them to please just schedule a tech visit and that I was waiting for so long, they drop the Active chat and I found myself chatting with someone new.... I started with someone named "Aman", then moved on to "Izmir", then someone else.... then Omer, Anugrah, and Hemant.... the names kept changing....  You cannot even imagine my level of frustration....In one instance, I was told they had actually scheduled a tech to come over, but then when I said I was really tired of trying to get to the secure site because the links they gave me did not work, suddenly, I got a text that said our ticket was closed!!!   I could just SCREAM by that time.   It took me over 4 HOURS of chatting and I was not even sure if anyone was coming to fix the cable! 

How do you expect to actually sell additional services to your customers when you cannot even provide support for our current service?!!!   Your management must have put So much emphasis on selling that your employees cannot focus on actually doing the job of supporting your customers.   I really wanted to sign up for mobile services w/ Xfinity but at this time I am holding that off and if we don't see any improvement to your support process, I'm not sure we would even keep our internet service with Xfinity.   This was the worst experience I've ever had with customer support, and I thought AT&T was bad!

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

3 months ago

@user_k4vnuo

Thanks for reaching out this is not the experience we want our customers to have, and I do apologize for any inconvenience.

When you reach out to us via the chat or our social media platforms due to scheduling the chat could be picked up by another agent.

We do review any previous conversation just to make sure we are up to date on everything so you're experience with us on the chat is seamless as possible.

As a customer and a homeowner I would not be happy if my current needs were not being addressed and being overridden by offers for Xfinity Mobile made. Xfinity Mobile is awesome service, and you can look into signing up at your convenience via this link https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/

If a ticket was open to have a tech come out and bury a line the notification you get that the ticket is closed means that the team that handles these orders mean we have now have a tech to come bury the line  so I do apologize if the proper expectations were not set,

When the ticket is closed you will also get emails to let you know the process for the cable line burial is moving forward, this link https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/underground-wiring has great information in regard to underground cable lines.

I'll be happy to make sure everything is set up for the tech to come bury the cable line.  To get started please send me a direct message.

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon in the upper right - it looks like a chat bubble
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon just to the right of Conversations
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line - do not use the Employee's name!
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name, the account holder name (if different), and the service address

2 Messages

17 days ago

No matter what, there is a flaw in management or structure of support at Xfinity.   If any of the chat agents feel a hint of a bad review, they drop the call.  They are incentivized to get good reviews, so they have learned to give answers customers like to hear, then right after finishing the chat, the customer is asked how happy they are with the chat (How likely they are to recommend xfinity based on that interaction) , of course customer says "Very Likely" but then the agent does something completely different from what they promised the customer or don't do anything.  They go their good review already.  

I just had that experience, and I have the screenshot of the chat, when I had a request for a cable to be buried, I was given a specific date and time, pretty close to the time I needed it done.  But no one showed up. I even waited for a day before I came online to see why the tech did not show up.  I was told my request was entered into the system on the day they were supposed to come in (Not the date I had made the request) and the tech won't come till another week!   I was basically told that I did not know what I was talking about when I had the proof in the chat window.   Someone by the name Saache wrote down "...been schedule for 1st of October 2024, from 9:00 AM to 11: AM."  But today, Krishna, Deepa, and Shashant (People who kept passing me around) told me "No, you requested the service on Oct. 1st at 8:00am (Big fat lie) and you are scheduled for Oct. 7th, between 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM".   The problem with that change is that we have landscapers put in grass in our yard and we did not want someone to come and dig out the grass to put a cable underground.  Hence the Oct. 1st schedule.   This would be the third time; we should replace messed up grass for different reasons.  It's wasted time and money.   But obviously xfinity doesn't care.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello user_k4vnuo, I appreciate you letting me know what was discussed and why that scheduled time is so important to you. I get what you're saying, and I see can see why that missed expectation was upsetting, I'd be feeling the same way if I were in your shoes. Typically, with this type of work, once the job is created, it can take 10-14 business days for a scheduled date. This is because it requires specialized techs to complete the job, and it would be an all day arrival window, which you do not have to be present for. I'd love a chance to review your account, confirm any pending work orders, and help get you taken care of. In order to get started can you please send a direct message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right? Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here