U

Wednesday, September 25th, 2024 3:25 AM

Slow and disconnecting all the time

I’ve tried to post here 20 times and it keeps saying please retry and deletes everything. I have gigspeed internet and I’m getting 150-250mbps. My phone won’t even load pages unless I turn off my wifi and use data. All of the Xfinity apps are telling me that everything is fine, but all of the 3rd party apps are telling me I’m getting slow speeds. I keep getting disconnected and or the loading wheel while trying to stream. I’m paying way too much money for this service to have instability and I’m getting frustrated with the AI runaround and lack of real support staff. I’ve tried all of the troubleshooting steps, none of my devices are more than 40 feet away. Everything was working great… for a month… and nothing in my home has changed. Why is my speed being throttled?? I have unlimited everything. 

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

24 days ago

The concern is not "Home Security Devices And Equipment" help related. Topic moved here to the proper help section, and for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance. 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

24 days ago

user_3g48m6 Thanks for posting on our Community Forums to let us know about your speeds concern. I'm sorry to hear you have been experiencing slow connectivity and your troubleshooting attempts have not helped. Just to make sure we are on the same page. What steps have you taken so far? Did you reboot the modem manually or through the Xfinity App? Did you check the coaxial connection on both ends (wall plate and modem) to make sure it's tight and there's no damage to it? Are you currently renting our modem or using your own equipment set up? You can also check our "Tips for troubleshooting your Xfinity Internet connection" article for more information. 

4 Messages

@XfinityDilary​ yes, I’ve done everything through the Xfinity app that has been suggested. All of my connections are tight, the modem has been reset multiple times, I’ve ran troubleshooting numerous times and had the integrity of the network checked. Nothing in the home atmosphere has changed since the service has started. All of my connected pieces of equipment are up to date. When my service first started I had no issue and when I tested through Xfinity and 3rd party speed testing apps they were very close in the listed speed. 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

user_3g48m6 Thanks for trying those steps. I'd like to check the signal on our end. Could you please send our team a Direct Message with your name and service address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a Direct Message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list that appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

I can’t even stream a movie or live tv show on Xfinity without disconnecting. At this point I’m getting very frustrated. 

4 Messages

17 days ago

What is the next step? Now this is interfering with my business and that’s unacceptable. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here