A

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, September 30th, 2021 9:04 PM

Closed

Size of outage in Santa Clara County

Hello,

Seeing as how Comcast Xfinity is providing as little information as possible through it's "customer portal", generally available public information, and call-in AI interactions, I would like to see if you could provide us some specific numbers for the current outage, that is on Day 2 in Santa Clara County.  Specifically, I have seen through various outside channels (outage tracker websites and Nextdoor), that there are outages in Saratoga, West San Jose, and Campbell, and perhaps beyond there in Los Gatos, Santa Clara, San Jose, etc.

Specific questions:

1. How many customers exactly are currently affected?
  2. What is the actual cause?  (Xfinity website states power outage, but a review of PG&E shows no major outages in the area, plus our area is a "high priority" area, so our power is always restored within an hour if not less.)
  3. How many Xfinity crews (people) are currently working on fixing the issue?
  4. If it is a power outage issue, what company are you waiting on to fix the issue and how many people do they have working on resolving the issue?

Thanks

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.4K Messages

3 years ago

Hello @ayalae!

Thanks for reaching out to us with your concerns. 

We understand these kinds of interruptions can be super inconvenient. 

While we are unable to provide the exact information/numbers you are looking for regarding the general area, we can absolutely take a closer look at your specific area and see if there is any additional information we can provide.

The reason for this is because repairs are handled on a node-by-node basis so while your node may require a certain level of repairs, another node may have different types of damages that require different resources for repairs. 

Please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name as well as your service address so we can take a closer look into your particular area. :) 

To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon on the top right of this page, next to the bell. Make sure to send the message to our singular handle "Xfinity Support" and we will get back to you ASAP.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Yesterday around 8PM we were told the "outage was over".  This was not the case.  Our entire street continued to be down.  We each individually reached out to Xfinity support and we were told to troubleshoot the modem and make sure cables were tight.  Nonsense troubleshooting.  I explained that it wasn't just my house.  The support person tried to schedule a visit for today, but after initially saying 4pm, was unable to because it was no longer available, and scheduled for Saturday at 7:30 to 8:30 AM.  However, the techs that come to the house are unable to do much, besides troubleshoot and fix residential messages.  

Fastfoward to this morning, and around 9 AM the online status for our houses started to indicate there was an outage.  One of our neighbors managed to get an appointment for 9:30 AM.  The tech quickly determined there was no signal and that it was no a modem issue. 

Somehow it took Xfinity over 12 hours to figure out that all the customers reporting an issue translated into there still being an outage.  At least this time, we learned there was a technical crew working on another node, and that they would fix our node next.  So, internet came back around 10:26 AM, although officially online we are still being told that there is an outage detected.  So, not sure how automated the detection system is.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.4K Messages

Hey @ayalae! Thanks for that update!

I'm so glad to hear that you and your neighbors are back online today. 

I did check into that ongoing interruption notification you mentioned. It looks like it was for continued work on the node supporting the area to make sure it's stable. Sometimes customers will see these interruption notices even if they aren't being affected as a sort of "heads-up" that you may experience some disruption during that time. :)

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here