J

Thursday, October 3rd, 2024 7:58 PM

Service to New Construction Detached Garage with Separate Utilities

I am wanting to get internet service run to a detached shop I built on my house property that has all other separate utilities from the house currently set up. The shop is technically the same address as the house that already has Xfinity services. The power company just added the word "Garage" after the street address in order to make it a different service address from the house. How do I get this set up? The live chat agents tell me to go to a store but the nearest Xfinity store is an hour away and I have no clue what going to a physical store is going to do for me to get service at my shop an hour away.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

16 days ago

Greetings, @jj4321! We would be happy to help with service to the garage. In our Northeast and Central areas, you can only have 1 account per address. If you have a separate USPS address that shows Apt or Unit Garage that would work for either of these areas to have a separate account.

In our Central areas you can subscribe to 2 internet packages and have separate modems for them. That enables the 2nd modem to be placed in a new location such as the garage.

In our West area, you can have multiple accounts.

I know that is a lot to take in. I will need to access your account from here so we can make things clear for your address.

Please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the direct messaging icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here