U

Saturday, October 12th, 2024 1:26 PM

Service still out in[Edited: Personal Information]

Still out and no ETA for a fix. Can’t get a live rep on the phone. We did not receive catastrophic damage here in [Edited: Personal Information]. Aggravating that we are still without service. [Edited: Personal Information]. Please get it fixed or give a real update, not a canned response 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

5 days ago

Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry to hear you are still experiencing issues at this time. For the latest updates on Storm Milton, head to https://florida.comcast.com/2024/10/07/milton/. This blog will be updated until we get every customer back up and running.

The most effective way to get outage updates for your area and information about your service is to visit xfinity.com/outage or use the Xfinity app. You can sign up for updates once an ETR is provided. 

1 Message

Uh, nothing at that link since October 8. It is now October 15. We still do not have internet. Went out at 12:30pm on October 9. Logged into our account, and it's the same exact blurb every day. No updates. No projected date of repair. Xfinity's employees may be busting their butts to resolve this, but no sense of urgency or even progress is projected to your customers. XFINITY, YOU ARE RISKING PEOPLE'S LIVES OUT HERE. Those of us caring for the sick and disabled are unable to connect them with the online services their lives depend on. How about if you just...DO BETTER?

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

user_dncxql, Thanks for reaching out. I know how important it is to have your services working through these challenging times. Especially when som many lives depond on care takers that need internet services for the sick and disabled. I am so sorry to learn about the inconvenience that this has caused you. We truly appreciate you for your business and for your patience with us through this. We offer our sincerest apologies that have not been able to get the intenret services working since 10/08/24 due to severe weather in or around their area. Once the area is safe, our teams will begin to repair the network to restore services as soon as possible. Note: Occasionally, power companies need to finish their work before we can begin our work. Also, if you have power, the Xfinity network serving you may be without power, preventing the service from working. You can go to our regional blog, https://florida.comcast.com/2024/10/07/milton/ ,  to find the latest updates on our preparation and restoration efforts for Storm Milton, now and until we get every customer back up and running. May I ask if you ever lost power for your location? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

5 days ago

I'm in the [Edited: Personal Information] area, [Edited: Personal Information], and we have had no internet service since Wednesday night. I have bills to pay this week, and I only have log-in info saved on my home PC. You can't talk to a real person, and no one is providing any kind of update. Funny, I never lost power during Milton, but internet has been out for three days?!? Can someone please provide an update?

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us @unhappymonster! We hope you and your loved ones are safe! As Eva mentioned, to stay updated on the interruption status, we highly recommend routinely checking out our status center here. You can also check by signing in to our Xfinity app. We also have a dedicated page for updates here.

While you may have power, our network equipment and lines further up the line may be without power. Often times when a tree fall on our lines, our lines are side by side with electrical lines. When this happens, the power needs to be shut off to those lines while the tree is being removed. From there, the local electric company’s repairs take priority over our repairs. As a result, we need to wait for the tree to be removed and for the local utility company to complete their repairs before our technicians can begin repairs. This will cause an estimate to not be available until we can begin our repairs. We promise we have crews working around the clock to restore services as soon as possible.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

@XfinityAldrik​ Thanks for the reply. What annoys me now is that I go a text from Xfinity telling me that the outage was over and asking me if I had service -- when  said no, they said that someone would call me if I agreed, which I did. Then they said there was a system error and no one could call me! This is CRAZY! 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

That’d drive me crazy too @unhappymonster! When severe weather like this occurs, it damages multiple points of our network in the area. To address each concern, separate tickets are opened to inform our techs there are multiple issues that require maintenance. One ticket may be for a heavy branch that caused a line to snap while another could be for a tree crushing our network equipment. The heavy branch could have been removed, resolved the ticket assigned to the problem, and cause a notification mentioning that specific issue causing the interruption was resolved. That portion of the issue is resolved while the fallen tree is still being addressed.

Another common occurrence is our repairs being completed but the main network equipment further up the line is without power. That would cause a notification stating our repairs are completed, while services are still offline.

Those are some examples and may not be exactly what happened, but those can cause you to see a noticed stating the interruption is over.

1 Message

@unhappymonster​ Check to see if there's an unlocked xfinitywifi network available on the list of networks. It should be one of the public hotspots xfinity has going that anyone can access while waiting for repairs. It's not the fastest internet but you can get online and do your bills and stuff. I just found out about it today. Wish the app and website had more prominent visibility about this.

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

@user_6q90mj​ Nothing showing up in my wifi list...

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here