U

Saturday, October 12th, 2024 11:17 AM

Service outage update

Internet down for 24 hours. Outage report says restoration is “asap” which is clearly incorrect and not helpful. How can I get someone to treat this issue with greater priority?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

6 days ago

The most effective way to get outage updates for your area and information about your service is to visit xfinity.com/outage or use the Xfinity app. 

If you are also a Comcast Business customer you can visit business.comcast.com/myaccount or use the Comcast Business app. 

In the meantime we do recommend to also continue checking for available hotspots.  You can visit the Xfinity app or xfinity.com/wifi to see a map of available Xfinity WiFi hotspots. All open hotspots, both indoor and outdoor, will appear on the map.  

2 Messages

@XfinityEva​ Hello Eva, 

thanks for your reply but I am afraid it is not helpful. I am already aware of the xfinity.com/outage. How am I supposed to accept that saying my service will be restored “as soon as possible” is useful information when service has now been out 36 hours. Does as soon as possible mean it is a simple fix but there is no technician available until

tomorrow? Does as soon as possible mean that some necessary hardware is missing and it will take 8 days for it to arrive? Something in between? Can you see how “as soon as possible” does not provide real information? How can your company find it acceptable for service to be down 36 hours without even being able to provide a reasonable estimate of the restoration time?

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you for your feedback, patience, and understanding during this time, user_fopzwj. Getting our customer reconnected is our top priority. The most effective way to get interruption updates for your area and information about your service is to visit https://www.xfinity.com/support/status  or use the Xfinity app.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here