T

Tuesday, October 1st, 2024 2:46 PM

SERVICE DOWN FOR 7 DAYS

Service down for 7 days. Outage map lists outright incorrect information.

Need some answers. Seriously tired of the run around.

What the heck is going on in York, PA? What is the real ETA... need a CS manager to actually get in contact. This is outrageous.

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

18 days ago

@tiredofnohelp you have some concerns with the service interruption going on which is definitely valid. Sometimes things are resolved quicker and unfortunately, as in this case, some more time is needed. Once they have a better idea of when they will be through, they would report it, so we can update our messaging. Services may be out in your area due to a number of reasons, including but not limited to weather, power interruptions or other outside factors. When a service loss is declared in an area, our teams are notified and will work as quickly and safely as possible to ensure everyone is back up and running. As stated previously, we offer convenient self-service options to check service interruptions through My Account, the Xfinity App, or the Xfinity Status Center at http://www.xfinity.com/support/status. This is where you would get the most up to date information including ETAs. This is the same information all representatives have as well. 

7 Messages

@XfinityDena​ We are not in the hurricane impact area. This occurred last week before any weather occurrences, unless comcast is now affected by nice sunny weather as well.

The app literally says network damage. No ETA of return. No credit offer. No texts, no updates, nothing for the entire week so far. and then the run around and customer service being turned off for all of our accounts because of this outage.

The status has not updated in days, yet pretends that it has as it shows whatever time you refreshed it.

Again map does not show extent of outage.

Need more real info here.

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

I do understand @tiredofnohelp We are limited to the information and have the same information you have on the app. I totally get how this is not the best answer or the most desirable and I am really sorry.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

7 Messages

17 days ago

Day number 8. Still no internet. Still no updates. 

however since this point the reported outage date has reset to 10/1/24, so who knows if I’ll be able to get a proper bill credit. 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Oh, no @tiredofnohelp.

Let's get that fixed. We can help by scheduling the next available technician to troubleshoot onsite as quickly as possible. How does this sound?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

7 Messages

If the outage is on your end, what will a technician do at my house? You can schedule one, but not sure what they will fix as I have no idea what’s broken as your system and no agent will update me

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

@tiredofnohelp, if there is an active service interruption in your area then we'll already have our network maintenance team working to make the necessary repairs. If there isn't an active service interruption, then a tech would be able to investigate any local signal concerns, and refer the work to our maintenance team if the issue is stemming from further up the line. If you'd like to proceed, please reply to our DM conversation and we can make sure we're going down the best path towards a resolution. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here