4 years ago

@RESKANDA wrote:
Does xfinity offer senior discounts?

No.  Sorry.

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

3 years ago

It says right on the back of one of the pages on my Comcast/Xfinity bill that there is a 10% senior Citizen/Disable discount that "applies to customers who meet the requirements specified under N.J.S.A. 48:5A-11.2 and N.J.A.C. 14:18-3.20.  Sooooooooooooo Xfinity where exactly does one go to get this discount in our accounts?  Where does it give further information for this?

Expert

• 

30.8K Messages

@neitowl  Do you know and/or have you met the requirements specified under N.J.S.A. 48:5A-11.2 and N.J.A.C. 14:18-3.20?

https://law.justia.com/codes/new-jersey/2013/title-48/section-48-5a-11.2/

48:5A-11.2 Discounted CATV rates; qualifications.
2.Notwithstanding the provisions of P.L.1972, c.186 (C.48:5A-1 et seq.) or of any other State law to the contrary, any CATV company providing service may establish rates or schedules which provide for a reduction or discount in rates for cable television reception service for senior citizens, disabled citizens, or other economically disadvantaged citizens who meet the eligibility requirements of either the "Pharmaceutical Assistance to the Aged and Disabled" program pursuant to P.L.1975, c.194 (C.30:4D-20 et seq.), as amended and supplemented; or are receiving or are eligible to receive benefits under the Supplemental Security Income program, as defined in section 1 of P.L.1973, c.256 (C.44:7-85); or are receiving disability insurance benefits under Title II of the federal Social Security Act, 42 U.S.C. s.401 et seq., and meet the income and residency requirements of the "Pharmaceutical Assistance to the Aged and Disabled Program," established pursuant to P.L.1975, c.194 (C.30:4D-20 et seq.).

N.J.A.C. 14:18-3.20

https://casetext.com/regulation/new-jersey-administrative-code/title-14-public-utilities/chapter-18-regulations-of-cable-television/subchapter-3-customer-rights/section-1418-320-discounts-for-senior-andor-disabled-citizens

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here