electrum's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

Thursday, February 24th, 2022 5:59 AM

Closed

security certificate cannot be verified

Using Desktop PC, Windows 10, Microsoft Office Outlook program for email.

I added to Microsoft Outlook an account that sends/receives email from my Comcast account, using IMAP.

Now I get this popup everytime I run Outlook on my PC…

I click yes, and everything works ok.

What does this mean? How do I stop it.

Clicking View Certificate shows this:

Clicking Details shows this:

And this:

And this:

Clicking Certification Path shows this:

Problem Solver

• 

513 Messages

3 years ago

Hi there, @electrum. Thank you for creating this post. Is the email you are trying to add the Comcast email address or another type of email address? Also, was that Security Certificate provided to another email or was it requested via the Comcast email address? 

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

3 years ago

hi... i've been using Microsoft Outlook 2007 for years, with Comcast. and have accounts for emails on a domain hosted by Doteasy.com.

they work fine, using POP3.

never got this security popup until i added to Outlook an account today for my Comcast email. and i configured it to use IMAP.

it works, i can send/receive from all the email accounts in Outlook, but this popup started the first time i restarted Outlook after adding my Comcast email.

i have no idea if this is referring to some kind of certificate on my end? i don't think i have any.

the details on the certificate seem to refer to comcast servers.

since the popup started when i added the Comcast email, i assume it is being requested by the Comcast email.

thanks... 

Problem Solver

• 

513 Messages

Thank you for the explanation. You should be able to use the following link https://comca.st/3IfzGMj to repair or add the email one more time. I am unaware of any issues that would cause this pop up. It may be a requested security certificate from Outlook to Comcast, however, they are not required to use the Comcast email through outlook. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

hi, sorry, that didn't work... i already had that option turned on to allow 3rd party access.

so i'll just continue to click the 'ok' on the popup until Google Fiber is available.

Problem Solver

• 

908 Messages

Thank you for the update and for trying to resolve this at the support article provided. I apologize that this didn't fix the issue. 

Our next step is to ask that you please reach out to our Customer Security Assurance (CSA) Team for assistance with your email. Our CSA Team is comprised of security experts who make sure you have a safe online experience. These security professionals handle issues like unexplained data usage, phishing, spam, infected computers (often called bots), online fraud and other security issues. Customer Security Assurance can be reached at 1-888-565-4329 and their hours of operation are 6:00 AM - 2:00 AM ET/Seven days a week.

Please update us and the community on any resolution!

I no longer work for Comcast.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

2 years ago

Same issue here, and not to happy with this response, surely someone in Comcast has figured this out or Comcast just left their security certificate expire and the system administrator has not been alerted to fix that.  

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here