R

Tuesday, October 8th, 2024 8:06 PM

Security and Data Breach at Xfinity Store in Issaquah Highlands

Security and Data Breach at Xfinity Store in Issaquah Highlands

I went into the Xfinity store to have my number ported to a new cell phone, and I was instructed to put my phone down and not to touch it. Kristen, the employee assisting me, placed her cell phone next to mine and made a call using her EarPods. When I asked her to put the representative on speaker so I could hear the discussion about my account, she said "NO". This raised my suspicions, and I asked her to hang up, stating that I no longer wished to proceed. She became upset and told me, "You can't leave now, he is almost done."

As soon as she hung up the phone with whoever she was speaking to — who I highly doubt was a representative — my Gmail account was logged out, which immediately concerned me.

I asked to speak with the manager. Kristen left, went to the back,  when she returned from the back she told me that the manager was not available that he was on a very important phone call and that's when I told her Ok I would wait. Over the next hour, I asked multiple representatives to contact the manager, Austin, but he never came out. during this time she kept telling me ma'am he's not available, he's not available. This was extremely disappointing and raised further concerns. At this point, I am worried that the manager, Austin, may be involved somehow.

I'm not entirely sure what is going on, but I believe something seriously wrong is happening at this store.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

11 days ago

Hi there, @ralhsa ! Thank you so much for reaching your Digital Care team. I appreciate your patience while you waited to connect with me. We truly do appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us today, I also apologize for the experience. Please be assured you reached the right person to assist you and get your concerns looked into. Can you please DM me your first and last name, along with your full service address so that I can assist you further.-Richard

To send a direct message [private message]:

•   Click "Sign In" if necessary
  •   Click the "Direct Message" icon
  •   Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  •   The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  •   - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  •   - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  •   Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  •   Press Enter to send it
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here