U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, November 23rd, 2022 12:24 PM

Closed

Scheduled maintenance/outage in my area, how long does it normally take?

Unable to connect with an agent over the phone (very inconvenient) just to ask a simple question without automated system trying to troubleshoot my equipment. 
My internet is working fine right now but I received text yesterday that x finite is doing maintenance that *could* start as early as 6 am (it’s 7:23 am as I write this) how long does the outage normally last for? Just knowing how long it is at least would be nice, as well as more accurate start time

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

2 years ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to actual Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

Problem Solver

• 

574 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you, @EG, for bringing this to our attention. 

Hi, @user_24f21b. We know how important it is to have working services. There are different factors that determine how long maintenance work will take. We don't have an estimated average amount of time the services are typically offline. You can check the status of the services and estimated time of restoration here https://www.xfinity.com/support/status  or by logging into our Xfinity My Account app. We can also check the status of the services on our end. If you would like for us to look into it further, please click the Direct Messaging icon at the top right of the page, click on the pen and pad icon and enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat and provide us with your first and last name and address so we may further assist you..

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Mine is out today, received the same message, went down around 8.  How long was yours out for?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

5 days now. For what we ate told everyday is a one day upgrade.

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

2 years ago

@user_45fba2 

Please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue. Thanks. The original poster has not returned. 5-month-old dead thread is now being closed.

For future reference, it is better to submit your own post as it creates a ticket to get help, and posting on an old thread can delay getting help.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here