U

Tuesday, September 3rd, 2024 1:59 PM

schedule service

We have had our internet drop several times a day for a few minutes.  We have completed health checks, restarted modems, etc... numerous times.  We had a service call scheduled for this morning Sept 2nd, on Friday Aug 31st we received a text from Xfinity cancelling the appointment.  We have tried numerous times through the xfinity chat, phone numbers, etc... to get the appointment back on the book.  you cannot work through your on line assistant or phone numbers to get out of the ridiculous troubleshooting loop to get the appointment which YOU cancelled without explanation to get rebooked.  I have spent several hours trying to get through to a live agent over the course of the weekend and again this morning with no success.  I spend close to $300 per month and cannot get a return call or a live person on the phone.  YOUR AUTOMATED TROUBLESHOOTING IS NOT WORKING!!!!  We had our AV tech representatives out, and they noted the cable/internet lines running to our home are 10 years old, outdated, and need to be replaced.  This is more than likely the cause for our internet dropping mulitple times a day.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

17 days ago

Hello, @user_ce3l2q sorry to hear your issue has not been resolved. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? To send a direct message:

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon near the bell icon. Click the direct message icon

2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)

4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!

4 Messages

So, after spending a ridiculous amount of time (hours) getting a technician appointment scheduled to come to the house yesterday between 10 am - 12 pm, to assess the outside lines and make repairs, the technician was a no show.  An automated message was sent to me saying the tech was on their way, and then I received a message that they were sorry they missed us implying we were not home.  However, I had my AV representatives here in my driveway waiting from 10 am for Xfinity to show up, so that they could make sure everything was fixed.  After spending a significant amount of time getting through your automated phone/virtual assistant we finally were able to get a live person on the phone.  Over the course of an hour on the phone, being put on hold numerous times, it was determined that the technician lied about coming to the house (which of course we knew because we were outside awaiting the arrival).  Then of course Xfinity could not find a technician to come out that same day. So here we are again...next appointment scheduled for tomorrow, copious amount of time spent trying to get Xfinity on the phone in a timely manner, over an hour getting them to reschedule the appointment.  This is the second missed appointment by Xfinity in the past week.

Ironically, if I were to cancel my $300/month service with you I would be hit with an early termination fee.  I would like to know how I can be compensated for breach of contract on your end, for not fixing issues, failing to arrive at appointments, not having a live person available to be reached in customer service in a timely manner, me having to pay AV technicians to sit here waiting for you to be a now show, dropped internet 4 times per day, inability to stream on roku, and numerous hours of my time getting issues resolved, etc...

I did ask the person on the phone yesterday to have a customer service manager contact me directly...the silence has been deafening.

Official Employee

• 

956 Messages

Hello user_ce3l2q. Our apologies that the technician did not show up yesterday. I am glad that you were able to reschedule the appointment for tomorrow. We would be more than happy to further assist you on hear, to help save some time in the future! Simply follow the private message instructions above, to get started.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here