Wednesday, May 8th, 2024 12:35 AM

Schedule an appointment for a technician

Can't direct message until I post once

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

12 days ago

@user_cbquwj 

Direct messaging isn't allowed until an official employee asks you to do so; it's against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy to send anyone an unrequested DM/PM.  Also note, if you do send one without being asked to do so, it could possibly be ignored.

Please post your issue in public in the proper forum so that it can be addressed either by other customers or by an Official Employee.

Official Employee

• 

624 Messages

11 days ago

@user_cbquwj Thank you for your post! Can you tell me a little bit more about why you are needing a technician visit?

3 Messages

I had a house fire about eight months ago and had a technician move my router into my garage, which was my only living space. I have since had my house renovated to be livable again and need someone to come out and move it back into my house.

Official Employee

• 

624 Messages

@user_cbquwj I am sorry to hear about that house fire. That is one of my greatest fears. I am glad to hear that you are coming back from it.

Are you planning on placing the outlet on an exterior wall (or one that shares a wall with an unfinished basement?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

@XfinityTony​ I believe I have the coaxial outlet all set up, I just need the the technician to do whatever else he needs to do

Official Employee

• 

256 Messages

Not a problem! If you could please send me a DM with your first and last name along with your full-service address, we can get started setting that appointment up to get a coax outlet installed.

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9 for an example.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

103.6K Messages

10 days ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here