abchelp's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, June 22nd, 2024 3:57 PM

Scammed [Edit: All Caps]

I was receiving 6 digit codes via text to access my account. It was not me trying to access. Then I receive a text to rate my recent interaction with xfinity. Again, wasn't me. I called the 800 number and the automated system would not put me through to an agent, but set up a text chat with an agent. Anjali was her name. She said she escalated my concern (which she did NOT do) and then offered to look at my account to save money. I told her "I do not want any changes to my service" I have it in writing in the text thread. She assured me she was not changing anything. She lied. She changed everything. She cancelled my 'grandfathered' service package and now I'm being told there is nothing they can do. I am reporting this to the BBB. Absolutely fraudulent deceptive business practices. I have the whole conversation in writing. I have been a customer for over 20 years and I am disgusted with xfinity.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

4 months ago

abchelp Thanks for reaching out! This is definitely not the customer expereince you should be expecting when reaching out to us over the phone, chat, or social media. There are several secure measures in place to protect your account, and we will always require your approval to make any account changes. Please review the following article on how to protect yourself, as a Comcast customer. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Right. They got my approval because they told me multiple times there were no changes to the services I currently had. Even when I questioned that I didn't think what she was telling me was correct, she again assured me that my services would remain the same. She downgraded everything. My internet, premium channels, streaming etc. I was in a grandfathered account and she insisted she was keeping everything the same. Does the article tell me how to protect myself, as a Comcast customer, from Comcast Representatives??

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here